Subject Author Posted Replies

Please vote
for the best American Hero to date. Either Joe the Plumber or Zimmerman. For those who want a write in, you may use Sarah Barracuda Palin.
7
7

OT, Spam Solicitations
I have had Emails from mysterious foreigners promising me large sums of money for many years but I have to have some fun with them every now and then and when I reply in my typical warped manner, some...

Driveway Sealant in Smaller Containers?
I would like to seal my driveway before next winter but there is no way I can lift a 5 gallon container of the stuff. I am wondering if anyone here knows where I can obtain driveway sealant in smaller...
17
17

Reverse TV watching
From CNN: There was a flaw in some Samsung TVs that allowed hackers to turn on the tv's camera remotely. The hackers could watch some fat chick on the couch eat Bon Bons while she was watching All...
10
10

Low-cement mortar mix for historic brick
Our house from the 1870s has some places in its brick foundation where the mortar has deteriorated. Everything I read, such as , says it's very important to use a soft mortar w ith soft historic...
7
7

OT, Another WTF Moment
Me and JH went on a service call today at a women's clothing store to repair a point of sale cash register. After I finisher swapping out the whole chassis and hard drive in the NCR register, I was in...
43
43

Motorola's Made-in-America Moto X Smartphone to Be Announced Today
My next cell phone. Motorola's much-hyped Moto X smartphone is being announced. Here's what to expect.
12
12

electronic vs mechanical timer
Hi Could you please tell me which one is better electronics or mechanical time r? I want a timer for my basement dehumidifier to turn it on/off for 3-4hrs /day. I saw some timers and I was thinking...
18
18

Trailer Hinges: How To Refinish
The hinges and other hardware for my trailer doors are rusting - again. A few years ago I removed all of the hardware from my trailer doors (hinges, lock hasp, cam keepers, bar retainers, etc) and...
34
34

Easy instruction to Make Own chicken Coop
I liked the part about not disturbing the chickens when entering the building. A mink or weasel getting into the coop sure would disturb them for awhile. I remember finding the neighbor's flock dead...
7
7

Drilling Thru 12 Inch Block+Inner Wall
The wall is ceramic tile, drywall, foam, and then 12" concrete block (I can't detect any hollow). I have a 12" long masonry bit but the total wall is something like 18 inches! Is there a way of...
13
13

Attach Drywall to Sill Plate?
Hi All, I am remodeling my garage and noticed that the drywall is not attached (screwed) to the sill plate and somewhat bowed outwards at the bottom because of this. I plan on attaching 1X4s for...
11
11

Whirlpool Washer: Reads C1
My mother's washer flashes "C1". We are not overloading it. Even if we just start the machine, without any laundry in it, the water begins to run for approximately three minutes, then everything stops...
5
5

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan not running fast on High, ..... Medium and Low works
Fan is 4 to 5 years old. It probably has been having this problem for a wh ile till I decided enough is enough this summer.... I removed the remote an d connected directly to the wiring to see if that...
1
1

Advice on tricky tree felling?
At a remote location we have a couple of large oak trees that partially ove rhang or lean towards our cabin roof. These are tall, narrow profile scrub oaks, but are 50'+ high and have trunks about 2'...
26
26