OT Times Square

Sorry but I just have to brag. I just found out a few minitues ago one of my photos made it to a Times Square billboard (on the left)

I told Bibi she could do what she wanted with it...but never expect this.

Reply to
philo

Sweet! Are you sure that is New York? :-)

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

The top two on the left might be appropriate:

Dean Hoffman

Yes, Bibi posted quite a bit more info on her Facebook page talking about their NY performance.

Reply to
philo

Good old Mohammad Ali

he sure had a big mouth but he really was "the Greatest"

Reply to
philo

I do not know who Bibi is, but I almost thought that was China town or some Asian market. :-)

Reply to
Irreverent Maximus

Congratulations Philo. It's not very many photographs that get that kind of exposure.

I also couldn't help noticing that no one in that picture was looking at your photo. I guess there is so much advertising trying to get our attention in every way possible that people intentionally ignore it. It's not that they don't appreciate it's beauty or originality or ingenuity, it's just that most people have an instinctive sense of fairness. They feel it's unfair to express interest in a product to an advertiser unless they are truly interested in buying that product. Also, they feel that if advertisers are going to bombard them with advertising, they feel they have a right to hunker down and simply ignore it as much as possible.

Nice photo, tho. One Hot Mama.

Reply to
nestork

Man! That is so cool! Cute girl. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It was NY but now I am not so sure it was Times Square. I was sure happy to see it up there though and sorry if I over-bragged.

Reply to
philo

Yes, I noticed too that no one was looking at it and though it absolutely was in NY I very well might have over-bragged in thinking it was NY.

BTW: Two years ago I saw a bill board in Times Square that was a block long. I still see the image vividly...but guess what...even though I know it was for some communications company...I have no idea which one it was.

Reply to
philo

Thanks

If you ever get a chance to see Harvey Scales and his whole entourage including Bibi Adell...they are sure worth seeing!

To repeat, it was NY but I am now not so sure it was actually Tiems Square.

Reply to
philo

Even though I know she was performing in NY I am now embarrassed to admit she was playing a joke on all her Facebook friends.

sheesh how embarrassing for me...but still it was fun

sorry about that aargh

Reply to
philo

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:57:06 -0600, philo  wrote in Re OT Times Square:

Times Square in Hong Kong?

I have never heard of Harvey Scales and Bibi Adel.

Reply to
VinnyB

NP, a billboard deserves bragging rights. Nice photo.

Reply to
dadiOH

"Bibi Adell with Harvey _cales" Can't see the letter in front of the c.

There are a lot of Asians in the picture. Only the partly bald guy looks assuredly white. (IIRC Asian met don't get bald??)

Whereever it is, you're entitled to braggin rights. Congratulations.

Who is the woman on the left, the picture you took, right?

Reply to
micky

I am glad you like the photo.

Turned out though, that Bibi hoaxed me and everyone on Facebook.

Though she did perform in NY the bill board was faked and I fell for it.

Reply to
philo

Bibi is the one on the left...and she did perform in NY

but the bill board was a hoax and I fell for it...sorry!

I always play jokes on people and cannot believe how gullible they can be,,,but now I see I am just as gullible myself.

Reply to
philo

I fell for a hoax that she perpetrated on Facebook sorry.

At least I now know what Hong King looks like.

The only thing that was true was that they did perform in NY...they perform all over the country and are better than some musicians that really were up on big bill boards so I was easily duped.

Reply to
philo

It's definitely not Times Square. I'm also doubtful that it's NYC. Almost everyone in the pic is Asian. And the lines on the street look very unusual, like many small lanes marked out. I've never seen that in NYC, but it might be there somewhere. Also the bus off to the right looks awfully square, don't think I've seen one of those in nyc. But then who knows.

Reply to
trader4

You should soon be seeing my comments elsewhere I was hoaxed and passed it along here. (very sorry) Though I am a big prankster myself...I did not initiate this one...I really fell for it.

Sure, part of it was ego...but Harvey Scales along with his entourage which includes Bibi are so damn good, they are better than many musicians who really are up on bill boards.

(I think the photo is Hong Hong.)

Also: when someone mentioned that no one was looking at the bill board...in my mind that made it seem real. I think if the photo showed people gaping at it I would have known right off the bat someone was playing a joke.

Reply to
philo