Subject Author Posted Replies

KABOOB!! A Gas Explosion Close To Home
At 2:30am the house shook like it would from a sonic boom and it turned out to be a gas explosion in a neighborhood within a mile from me. It destroyed a two story brick apartment building containing...
187
187

Newcandescents
A fella is selling rough service bulbs to avoid government rules basically outlawing incandescents. The smallest ones are 25 watt. I associate rough service bulbs with trouble lights. Those are...
19
19

How to remove battery cover in Plantronics headset
I have an old Plantronics CS70 NC wireless headset. The battery is dying. When I checked the owners manual, I was shocked (Shocked, I say) to discover that the headset has to be mailed back to...
22
22

My doorbell went crazy - how does it all work?
At 7am yesterday the strange buzzing noise finally got me out of bed to investigate. The annoying "chime" that bleats when someone presses the doorbell was buzzing constantly. I headed down to the...
12
12

mystery tool
Cleaning up my tools and organizing them; I actually have two of these The label reads: (something)T and CLINCH OK INDUSTRIES INC 3455 CONNER STREET BRONX, NY 10475, USA MADE IN ITALY Cast/stamped...
11
11

OT, Billy Jack RIP
Billy Jack has passed away at 82. o_o TDD Tom Laughlin, the actor who wrote and starred in the "Billy Jack" films of the 1970s, died Thursday, his family confirmed Sunday. He was 82.
2
2

What height is your flat screen TV?
From everything I read on the internet it says to install a flat screen TV eye level when in the most comfortable posture. That means the vertical mid dle of the screen should be eye level when you?re...
51
51

Samsung's $40,000 HDTV sparks hilarious Amazon reviews
I liked the one about the free batteries. There is a link in the article to Bic Cristal for Her Ball Pen. The wimmins were impressed. Amazon.com : BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct...
4
4

$ 3,845.00 Tool Kit, Just What Everyone Needs For Home Repair
Have you ever wondered what tools the guys who service MRI machines with those giant magnets use? ^_^ TDD http://intercon1978.com/hardy-mri-tools/siemens-35-pc-mri-3-t-tool-kit/
32
32

Ignoring with Thunderbird
Anyone know how to put a user on ignore using Thunderbird newsgroup client? By ignore, I mean not see their replies, posts, etc. similar to how it was done with Outlook Express. Thanks
19
19

more about AC line splitter
We were duscussing an AC line splitter, for using clamp-on meters. The one for sale was It has two holes in in it, apparently X1 and X10. The instructions say: 3. Close the Clamp-on jaws around either...
2
2

Californias population increases at highest rate in a decade
.html#storylink=cpy http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/14/5999920/californias-population-increases
14
14

Have you looked ...
At the prices they want for prefab shower stalls ?? Prefab bases start at around 600 bucks , surrounds 300 bucks and up . Looks like I'm going to be building a tile shower ... materials should run...
19
19

How to remove hinge in Kraftmaid cabinet door?
I have recently remodeled kitchen with Kraftmaid cabinets and all the doors have three concealed self-closing hinges. I need to replace one of the doors due to a blemish. Kraftmaid sent me to...
4
4

Installing NEST Thermostat - two wires
I am installing a new NEST thermostat, replacing an old two wire mercury bulb furnace thermostat. There are only two unmarked wires. There's 24 V across the wires. Can anyone tell me which letters on...
54
54