Kohler Command 21 "Blowing OIL"

I have a Gravely ZT 2148 w/Kohler Command V-Twin model CV23. I have recently serviced with new air/oil filter along with oil change. The motor turns over but does not run. It will run by pouring fuel into carb. The clear fuel filter shows no fuel being drawn into it while cranking. I replaced fuel pump with new and it started to work properly and ran fine. I mowed my yard and engine suddenly died. I inspected fuel filter and there was no gas although gas in tank. I pulled pickup tube and checked screen which is fine. Mower will run if I pour gas in carb. During cranking there is no gas being drawn into fuel filter. I also have a lot of oil coming from PVC where inserts into valve cover. I replaced the grommet with a new one and it is already torn. Could my crankcase breather be clogged? I removed my oil fill cap and cranked and there is a lot of oil shooting out????

Reply to
Daddyhog

Is the gas going into the oil from a popped fuel pump diaphragm?? Sure sounds like it to me. Check the oil level and sniff it. If it is high and smells like gas, youve found your problem.

Reply to
clare

Daddyhog:

If you don't get any answers on this site, there is an Outdoor Power Equipment website that has a DIY Q&A forum where people who are into repairing small engines hang around.

'Best Snowblower, Snowthrower, Lawnmower, Forum, Lawn Mower, snow blower, snow thrower, parts, Outdoor Power Equipment'

I'd register and explain the symptoms and see what they think.

Reply to
nestork

Wish those moaners would figure out Usenet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Good one! Send the web forum guy to another web forum. Brilliant.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You could have some foreign material,such as grass,bug or rust in the gas tank preventing the gas getting to to the filter. Take the hose off the bottom of the tank and see if you get gas there.

Reply to
JAS

Hi, What about gas tank cap being plugged up?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Am I the only one here that when they first looked at the topic, was trying to figure out how oil could be blowing out of a Kohler toilet or sink? Honey, good news, we've struck oil!

Reply to
trader_4

Yes, you're the only one! *L*

Reply to