Looking to replace my 973.27492 cordless drill. Anything new that's close?

Bummer, it grew legs and walked off. What is close to it?

Reply to
JB

The guy who stole it has it on Ebay ;-)

I would go with the 18v black and white Makita. (LiON) It is smaller and more powerful. They are usually in the $70 neighborhood with the fast charger and 2 batteries, You can recharge one faster than you usually can kill one.

Reply to
gfretwell

From a brief look, it looked to be an older design. There have been many improvements in cordless tools. Probably the best is Lithium Ion batteries. I have always liked the Bosch drills, mostly because of the one hand chuck. But many brands now have this feature. I had an older

14.4 volt Bosch, 1/2", but when it disappeared (left on the car and slid off to who knows where?), I bought the latest and greatest Bosch 14.4. However, the this one is actually a wee bit heavier and more powerful than the old one. And, it's getting harder and harder to lift the drill above my head. My niece put me onto the new Bosch 12 volt. It's only a 3/8", super light and has a lithium battery. It's not quite as powerful as the old 14.4, but, for 98% of my uses, it's plenty powerful and is my go-to drill most of the time. That all said, I'm not 100% Bosch person and also have some DeWalt stuff and like them too. When I needed to replace the 18 volt batteries for the yellow tools, 5 3/8" circular saw, a recip saw and a fluorescent lamp, I bought a DeWalt 1/2" drill with 2 batteries and a charger for $100 (Lowe's). Not the super XRP batteries, but much lighter. I now have 3 battery drills which is really handy when building small projects where you have to go back and forth between 3 different bits. Some people would say use a corded drill, but for my uses, the batteries work well for me. If I used my tools 8 hours a day, I might have a different view.
Reply to
Art Todesco

Don't know but Ms. bought me Rockwell's 3Rill for birthday present, along with lifetime battery warrantee. the small handle holding the battery and 'light weight' makes this tool incredibly useful. Get the FULL set that comes with it, too. PS: with two batteries and quick charge have NEVER been left waiting for power.

Reply to
RobertMacy

Thanks but it was 3days ago. So many to choose from..

Reply to
Bummer

Unable to find, taken down from ebay? Just not sure what to do about it all yet. Thanks

Reply to
JB

I looked at lots of them. I own 4 cordless and at least twice that many corded drills. I grab the black 18v Makita first.

Reply to
gfretwell

conductive epoxy glue?

Reply to
RobertMacy

spot weld the tabs to the cells, or buy cells with tabs already spot welded on.

primecell does a great job......

Reply to
bob haller

The batteries are still around. Sears parts direct and 9000 Neiman rd op ks But not sure of the model number anymore. Sears 12volt industry crastman 3/8 I also want to know what torch it was. I am thinking about 400 is that close? Thanks everyone for all the help. You all been a great help.. Take care j

Reply to
JB