Subject Author Posted Replies

AT&T rural phone service
I had a recent conversation with a AT&T tech and asked him what the status of old rural landlines for old rural home phones was. He said it all would be abandoned in 5 years (2020). It would be...
43
43

Follow-up on next door neighbor
Follow-up on next door neighbor The one with the sump pump that runs maybe every 15 minutes or half-hour. We had one cold day and I warned him it would freeze; and now there is ice the width of the...
22
22

Recomendations For Motorcycle Tarp
I would like an 8 x 10 tarp to cover my motorcycle and sidecar both summer and winter - probably about the same use requirements as a boat cover. Polyethelene from Lowe's lasted only a year. I have...
3
3

Adventures in home ownership
Hi All, Oh Poop! Literally! The stupid black water pipe broke under the house (crawlspace). I HAVE MY OWN BUILT IN CESSPOOL UNDER THE HOUSE! Yesterday was spent sucking it out. Dryer ran all night....
20
20

Need a powerful led flashlight
how about some of those malibu outdoor lights, they are 12 volts and should be safe:) You should be able to get some water sensors that run on 12 volts or powered from above
92
92

Car rear window washer
I suspect this is hopeless but thought I'd ask. Rear window washer on 2012 Nissan Versa doesn't spray water. I can hear pump motor run. Windshield washers work fine. I'm told both get water from same...
16
16

Gas boiler will not come on.
Hello, I have a gas boilerIt is a peerless 61-05-STDG-S. Every week or so, I have to go into the basement and make sure to add water too it because it shuts down if it runs out. Well it must have been...
4
4

Shopping for a snow blower, maybe.....
We are two retirees, 50' long double driveway (concrete). Shoveled a lot of snow last year, but getting older and lazier. I would like recommendations for a snow blower if there is one that isn't a...
80
80

Sign in a Public Men's Restroom
A local public building has a sign in their Men's restroom, above the urinal. It reads: "Please stand closer to the urinal. It's shorter than you think!" I got a good laugh out of this, and wanted to...
21
21

Basmore Little 100 series boiler what temp. is best to get most heat 160 ?
My house doesn't keep warm as it should can I set the temp. up higher to 160 or 170 ?
2
2

I shoulda ...
At 3 AM and 3? , the water was fine . At 6:30 and 1? it was frozen (only in the camper , The Shed water is fine) . Apparently the insulation I covered the short vertical run of hose wasn't quite...
11
11

Roof leak
A friend asked me to repair a roof leak. During rain, he gets water leaking around a light fixture. I thought about drilling a small hole from around the fixture thru the roof and shingles in order to...
12
12

laminate plywood or wood -- sources?
this is for my computer workstation project. what's a good source to get cherry or tiger mahogany laminate plywood? checked out Home depot's website, they don't seem to carry the ones at higher...
6
6

What's the best 120VAC wall outlet with two full power USB ports of at least 20 Watts?
I want to help out a neighbor who knows nothing about electricity by replacing a handful of wall outlets with those that have two (full power) USB ports. By full power, I mean BOTH PORTS...
54
54

Water heater questions
I think our water heater came with the dielectric unions. Still, they are a minor expense for a little added insurance. Our water is rather acidic and tends to be corrosive anyway. I used the...
53
53