Subject Author Posted Replies

Eyeglass Frames Re-Soldering Question ?
Hello, Have a pair of eyeglasses that split in the nose (Bridge area). They are made from one of those "super bendable" alloys like possibly Beryllium Copper, or Titanium, or...? Really don't know...
14
14

dirty metal bannisters
My house has steel bannisters, almost like outside railings along the stairs inside. Painted glossy black. They seem fine most of the year, but during the hot humid periods, they feel dirty and even...
9
9

drain fly riddance??
I've had these annoying flies for several years now and nothing I seem to do gets rid of them. On the advice of an exterminator, I tried spraying the drains with a spray called "Bac-A-Zap", but it...
11
11

OT: How to set collapsed view in Agent 6?
Been reading this group for many years. Forever when I obtain new headers the primarymsg is shown with the + mark with all the msg's content collapsed. Clicking on the + sign would expand the msgs for...
5
5

Weed cloth under rubber mulch for swing set?
I've cleared out about a 3" depth under and around a wood play set with a c ouple of swings and a slide. The play set is surrounded by on 2 sides by a cement patio and on the other sides by pavers....
3
3

Microsoft Tech Support Scammer Loses His Sh*t - The Hoax Hotel
This guy has the supervisor talking like a bumbling idiot. Hello all! Today's festivities feature a slightly restless Microsoft tech support "manager" calling me after I trolled his scam call center...

New England Winter Frost Heave keeps cracking cellar bulkhead recap...
Over and over again, every winter! We had the concrete bulkhead filed down to just above the level of our patio, then recapped and a new hatch door installed, back in Sept 2013. Summer 2014 the...
5
5

OT: Places of Tragedy
Folks, I couldn't get an answer on of all places a PARAPSYCHOLOGY usenet, so I'll pose this serious question here: IS IT OK to visit places where people have died? Specifically, where lots of people...
13
13

need to change copper pipes when changing A/C compressor unit?
I have A/C units that look like the one in the following page: Now, one of the unit needs to be replaced. Is it necessary to replace also the copper pipes (I assume they are for freon)? The pipes are...
9
9

Recipe for one yard of concrete
I want to make a yard of concrete for a 9'x9'x4" slab. How much of each dry ingredient do I need?
16
16

sharp can opener
Ever hone the disk of a can opener?
21
21

Cheap versus quality silicone
This stuff any good? I had a can of Walmart brand (black can, Popular Mechanics brand?) silicone. Sprayed a bicycle chain for a friend's grand son. Grand son went home out of state, and I heard later...
15
15

noisy garage door / opener !
i bought this 7 year old house several years ago, and the garage door has always been noisy, at least to me [it's a sectional door with small wheels, on a track] will a new opener solve the noise...
9
9

Home Listing in Palm Bay, FL - What the ?!
"2 Bed, 2 Bath Pool Home on .50 Acre Lot. 1252 Sq. Ft. Under Air. Built in 1985. 2 Car Garage. Your chance to Own a 1/2 Acre Lot with a Pool! Great Starter home. Buyers are responsible to turn on and...
11
11

Quartz counter material finishing?
Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I was given a butt load of "granite" and it turned out to be "quartz" (a buzz word for a manufactured stone in a matrix of something) product. I have a bit...
5
5