Please Buy Me This For Christmas - QuickJack 5000

I want one! If you start crowd funding now the QuickJack 5000 will be under my tree by 12/25. Thanks!

DerbyDad03

That is really nifty for the serious home mechanic. If my brother was still alive, he'd have one. He also had the use for it with 15 cars. Why 15 you ask? He downsized from 26.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Go big or go home:

Dannmar MaxJax 2-post Portable Auto Lift Features: 6,000 lbs. Lifting Capacity, Industrial Grade Hydraulic Cylinders, Fully Adjustable Lift Arms

Moe DeLoughan

I'll tell you what, it doesn't take 15 cars or even the need to be a very "serious home mechanic" to have that thing pay for itself fairly quickly.

I just did all 4 rotors and pads on my Ody for about $250 in parts. Premium rotors and ceramic pads. The average estimate at the cars.com Service and Repair site for rotors and pads for my vehicle/zip comes to about a grand. Probably more for the upgraded parts.

I've got 3 other vehicles that will need brakes in the spring. At a $750 savings per vehicle, that lift would be paid for and then some. Yeah, I know the floor jack and jack stands are essentially free, but the convenience that the QuickJack brings to the table (driveway) would sure be worth it. Just think about quickly you could rotate your tires with one of those.

It's just pulling the trigger on the initial outlay that's tough. If my

2 sons still lived nearby and I knew it would get enough use, I'd buy one in heartbeat.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

I saw that some time ago and thought the same of how cool it would be to have one. Then I read another forum about someone who made one for a fraction of the cost. I'm trying to find that forum as it turned out damn nice.

Reply to
Meanie

I looked at that one also. The set up time is a lot longer for that system. It has to be bolted to the floor so a decent concrete slab or pad for the anchors would be required. In my case, neither my current slab or driveway could handle it.

The QuickJack is a much more portable. Heck, you could take it to the disabled car and work on it right on the side of the highway. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

For not that much more you can buy a "real" hoist that allows you to work on ANYTHING under the car - and even allows you to "double park" cars., one under the other. Harbor Fright usually has them for around

2 grand - less on sale a few times a year.
Reply to
clare

That assumes you have the room, both vertically and horizontally for that type of system. My garage isn't big enough for any kind of lift system, even if it was free. However, I could use the QuickLifts in my driveway and store 'em just about anywhere.

BTW I looked on hf.com and didn't see any lifts that fit the description you gave. Even their most expensive lift ($2K) is a scissor lift. You can't drive under it and it appears to block portions of the underside of the vehicle.

Am I'm missing something?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'd be happy with a platform lift with front wheel dropout for servicing the bike .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I thought it was harbor frieght - mabee it was Northern Tool. I know up here in Canada Princess Auto had them available - both Dannmar and Torin - just over $2400 Canadian at regular price - which is significantly less than $2000US and only about $200 more than the Dannmar scissors lift

Reply to
clare

You don't need that. Just buy a bag of 100 balloons at the 5 and dime and an air pump and that's all you need.

Reply to
Micky

Damn, they stole my idea!

Reply to
Micky

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Is your driveway concrete and has no slope? BZZT next contestant.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Moe DeLoughan posted for all of us...

Nice, just like Claire alluded to.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

Just keep a politician in your trunk along with the device. You will be providing three services. Jacking up cars. Keeping critters busy. Keeping critters from any more (in)action.

Reply to
Tekkie®

You should do some reading. QuickLifts can be used on asphalt or even dirt.

My driveway has no slope.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

It uses compressed air not exhaust gad. Has a sizable manifold to control the direction of the force. Steel reinforced rubber bladders.

Reply to
Tekkie®

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Good, nah I didn't read it. I need 4wd to get up my driveway.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Tekkie® posted for all of us...

.product.11589445.html

Clare I apologize for misspelling your name.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

le bag jacks. There are all sorts of situations the crews run into where a standard jack will not fit or do the job. ^_^

Monster was talking about the fire dept air bags.

Reply to
Tekkie®