Christmas came early for me - almost

Merry Christmas everyone

Mine came early as the postman brought me news that the 3 people caught vandalising my van and garden on my DIY installed CCTV have all been given ASBOs.

In another letter was a cheque for £60 to cover the window damage to my van caused my some young teenagers on another occasion (no conviction by my request, they were being silly not malicious and they are from good families. Just a bollocking from the sergeant and then they had to come and apologise to me and clean the van).

And now the drains are blocked. Bloody Xmas eve and I have now got to get the drain rods out.

Merry christmas

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I call that a result! Pity you could not get them to do the drains as well.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I jusy DIYed it.

Do not look at the following if you are eating.

open the cover

rods in (I felt sick with the smell)
there. All the rods are in so I pushed them in and out to create some pressure at the blockage
note. I washed my hands, bined the gloves, put my clothes in the washing maching and had a shower before uploading these.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hehe - don't know why but that was interesting...

Reply to
Schrodinger's cat

|>> Mine came early as the postman brought me news that the 3 people |>> caught vandalising my van and garden on my DIY installed CCTV have |>> all been given ASBOs. |>>

|>> In another letter was a cheque for ?60 to cover the window damage to |>> my van caused my some young teenagers on another occasion (no |>> conviction by my request, they were being silly not malicious and |>> they are from good families. Just a bollocking from the sergeant and |>> then they had to come and apologise to me and clean the van). |>>

|>> And now the drains are blocked. Bloody Xmas eve and I have now got to |>> get the drain rods out. |>

|> I call that a result! Pity you could not get them to do the drains as |> well. | |I jusy DIYed it. | |Do not look at the following if you are eating. | |open the cover |

||shove rods in (I felt sick with the smell) |
||nearly there. All the rods are in so I pushed them in and out to create some |pressure at the blockage |
||done|
||Please note. I washed my hands, bined the gloves, put my clothes in the |washing maching and had a shower before uploading these.

You missed washing it all down with *lots* of water :-(

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Just wait till the pressure of flushes from the upstairs loo causes turds to leap out at your ankles when you lift the cover..

..had a case in a shared house..only one bloke used the downatairs loo..he didn';t think it worth mentioning that it had stopped flushing two weeks previously..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I hozed the rods down and cleaned then above the manhole before replacing the cover.

There was "stuff " stuck to them.

I wonder who flushed a pizza down the toilet (photo 2)? I know that I share a waste pipe for the toilet with the next door neighbour's but I suspect that the two neighbours above us also contribute to this drain.

It makes the present wrapping duties look like fun

Adam.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Were you constipated as well then? Sounds like it took you a fortnight to fill one storey of soil discharge stack :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Excellent.

You're no lucky having an excuse to potter about outside and escape Christmas Eve afternoon telly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Definately later than that. There is however only one stench pipe that both mine and the nextdoor neighbours toilets connect to and the next man hole cover is in the garden below.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Shared drain eh? If the house is pre 1930, the water board may well have done if for free while you carried on nibbling your nuts

Reply to
Stuart Noble

... and singing that well-known carol - "Semper in excretum, sed alto variat"

(and it did)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh..no it was about 50 meters of pipe to a septic tank axshully..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher