Subject Author Posted Replies

Microsoft is Pushing Windows 10 Hard
I'm sure you know this but for the benefit of others, Classic Shell restores some sanity to Win 10 Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements Classic Shell - Wikipedia Classic Shell -...
7
7

Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue
Most of this video is about repairing a guitar nut, but I share it for what is shown in the first minute or so: The hardness of Baking Soda mixed with Super Glue There are other videos showing the...
17
17

window mount cool/heat air conditioners?
We've been looking for decent heat/cool units for small rentals for poor people. After listening to people on this newsgroup and talking with air conditioning repairmen, I guess we will stay away from...
20
20

Electricians advice needed
That's an odd thing on the terminology. We deal with 3 phase 480. The underground cable we bury is called quad. One wire is marked as the ground from the factory. #4 has all the wires the same size....
37
37

OT Win7 updates
| MS has now issued a rollup more or less equivalent to an SP2 | Anyone considering this needs to be aware that the "rollup" is just a package of updates since SP1 and almost certainly includes...
158
158

Best Buy sucks
I've heard that sign that says "first $50 takes it" signs are even faster.
22
22

Free antivirus recommendations ?
This should be marked OT, http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus Here's the best paid and free antivirus software available, based on each program's malware detection, impact on system performance...
25
25

Cheesecake, Not Don Y's 5 hour
Yes. That's why I spread it over two days, presently. E.g., the pineapple reduction can happen a day (or more?) ahead of the "assembly". The same is true of making the crust. Refrigeration is a...
27
27

Drive through livestock gate
You just need to learn to do this and then you can just flit your way across the rails. I'm sure the cows will be amused....
11
11

OT - Props to Best Buy (Return Policy)
Just giving credit where credit is due... I wanted to buy a MacBook Pro as a graduation gift for my daughter. It was on-sale at Best Buy a few weeks ago so I called and asked about their return...

Unfinished edges of finished shelving board
Yeah, tThis is pretty much what I was suggesting in the post which is now at the end of the thread.
15
15

1977 GE Oven Model# JMS07001AD Temperature Sensor broke
I can't find a replacement part because GE doesn't make this model any longer. Is there another temperature sensor I can replace it with?
5
5

OT: This may be helpful to MANY here!
since I scored a zero, I am surprised they didn't say I was worse off than OCD. Maybe don't-givadamnitis.
2
2

Premature death of a two year old in the home
It is very tragic considering he must hire a HAZMAT team to properly dispose of it. Will cost more than the extended warranty.
10
10

mail order, packages and delivery
UPS and DHL have (had, at least) similar arrangements with the USPS. "Free shipping" packages from often come this way. The only problem I've had was one package that disappeared in between UPS and...
13
13