Subject Author Posted Replies

Wny are prices so different; incredible shipping speed
Why are prices so different? For Kenmore machine made by Whirlpool How can the two places have such different prices? $16.19 + $6.25 shipping = $22.44. Says it's Whirlpool OEM Part #WP95405 $28.68...
15
15

Fertilizer?? Weed Spray??
1) Back when I was young and aggressive, I actually put down powdered weed killer, fertilizer, etc. 4 times a year, like they encourage. But then I decided that though the fertilizer made the lawn...
4
4

polarity
What will happen if wires are hooked up backwards to battery (reverse polarity) on small !6 HP BRIGGS_STRATTON engine. Will it just not start or will something more dang erous happen? If it does turn,...
10
10

White lithium spray grease in SDS-chuck
Hey all, Straight to the point: I have an SDS hammer drill with a vacuum attachment which did not come with grease. I don't happen to have actual grease in a j ar but i do have a spray can of white...

Nerve Racking Electrical Outage Coincidence
I experienced a strange (and stressful) electrical outage coincidence (?) this morning. A few weeks ago I had done my normal spring cleaning of the AC condenser an d ran the system for a few minutes...
3
3

Skyscraper inspiration
You can get it free from a Torrent.
6
6

OT. Phase converters
What is the purpose for the resistors on the capacitors in a rotary phase converter? Some are soldered directly to the capacitor contacts and would be connected to the incoming power lines.
3
3

How to remove toilet seat?
I started to take the oak toilet seat off, but it's always hard when they use the standard plastic nuts to get a hold of them. This time it's worse because the bolt is rusted, but using my fingers and...
11
11

Stove burners
I replaced 4 electrical burners for a friend, two small and two large ones. The small ones stopped working. Checked the resistance which showed about 50 ohms. Those burners worked in another stove....
13
13

Acuity Flagpole Project
Wonder if is the same company who paid for it the first time it fell.
3
3

Wiring electric baseboard
Fantastic. Thank you soooo much for the detailed reply. Very much appreciated.
175
175

3-D Printing
Somewhere in this NG there was a discussion on the maturity of 3-D printing - but I can't find it. To cut to the chase: The Economist mag had an article on it fairly recently:
3
3

Refill1 lb. propane bottles
Half the cost? I'm pretty sure it's much less than that. A quick on-line check shows that 1 lb tanks are going for $3-$4 these days. I just had a 20 lb tank filled for under $10. Even the more...
34
34

Photobucket malware.
FWIW, Windows Defender is reporting malware on photobucket site.

Exterior house paint -- flat?, satin, semi-gloss?
I agree on semi-gloss. You don't want a shiny house. Satin also has a sheen, so my preference would be flat. The satin would be easier to clean, but who does that? Not sure I like the all white plan...
21
21