OT Firefox 48.0.2 on Windows 7

Greetings,

I had refreshed FF, and now I have trouble getting to sites. I get "Your connection is not secure". Even on FF's Health Report. Youtube no longer will play using FF.

I have ESET as an anti-virus. However, I've kinda ruled the that out as a problem, since I can still get around using Opera.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what changed since all I did was a refresh. Looked through numerous support pages, and uninstalled and reinstalled it with no positive results. I have disabled the add-ons and tried to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Larry K

Hi Larry,

I support Firefox. I have seen this a few times before. It usually is #1 below.

1) check your date and time. Make sure your time zone it correct.

To keep the time straight, I adore this little utility from NIST (Windows 7 does come with one, but ...):

2) clear Firefox's cache (be careful you do not clears your passwords):

Exit and restart Firefox, try it again. Get back with the results.

:-)

-T

Resolved. In ESET under SSL protocol filtering, unchecked it and all is well.

Reply to
Larry K

Check your date, time, and time zone too.

I did have a problem with ESET last week. I was developing a web page and suddenly ESET was flagging the ESRI content portal. I went to another machine and it still worked so I checked the virus definition stamp. The first machine was newer and several minutes later when ESET loaded the new definitions on the working machine I have the same problem. When I tried to report the problem to our IT people, their site was blocked too.

All was good the next morning and ESET was reporting definitions with a number that was three versions greater. Fortunately the bad definitions were pushed out after the close of business for most people but I think the ESET phones were ringing all night until they got it fixed.

Reply to
rbowman