Windows 7 and Sage Accounting

This is driving me nuts. We use Sage Line 50 for the accounts. One of the PCs on the network is running Windows 7. Of late it has decided that every time it is asked to print from Sage it falls over immediately afterwards. Tried un-installing Sage and re-installing it thinking that perhaps the print layouts might be corrupted. This is the bit that bugs the s***e out of me. When I re-install Sage, despite deleting every reference to Sage and Line 50 turned up by a search, it automatically re-installs the old data files. Instead of having to restore a back-up to a new version of Sage, all the company files are there.

Where t.f. is Windows hiding these files that they don't turn up on a search.

Given that the network version of Sage (a perfectly legit copy) is aeons old due to the rapacious demands Sage make for yearly support and bug fixes disguised as upgrades, how does it know where to hide them under Windows 7.

Tried all the usual tricks to find these files but keep getting pointed to non-existing directories.

Any Sage or Windows 7 experts out there ?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Try deleting all Sage entries in the registry under HKCU/Software and HKLM/Software, then reinstall.

Maybe it's finding the company files on the network. If you have the CD, reinstall with the network cable disconnected.

Reply to
Reentrant

Have you tried changing the folder options to show hidden files? (folders like the Application Data folder is usually hidden by default)

Reply to
John Rumm

Generally Sage keeps the data files in a sub-directory (under C:program files\sage line 50\ or wherever you installed it) called "COMPANY.001", I forget now how the network version locates its data files ...

Reply to
Andy Burns