Do USA repair their garbage trucks?

Out of curiosity... Aren't these trucks all bio-hazards?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Why? Nothing but trash and rotting food waste, not a bio hazard.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There so many dangerous chemicals, bacteria and virus in trash trucks... you don't just crawl under them, do you?

Reply to
Mr. Man-wai Chang

And there is the mechanics...

Garbage truck driver crushed while working to repair brakes

Sanitation worker killed after garbage truck backs into him

And other records:

Mr. Man-wai Chang

What do they do in HK?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Really? Just trash and rotting food waste? No needles, saturated diapers, prescription medicines, etc?

Are you comfortable that all of these rules are being followed by all residences and businesses?

DerbyDad03

Why lock the prison compactors? That criminal got what he deserved... he tried to escape and he got what he deserved. Think of all the money society saved. Then some bleeding heart pisses a lot of it away on locks.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

All contained in a steel box. When is the last time you had a truck lose a diaper and it hit you or your car?

I'm not worried.

Are diapers soiled with urine or feces considered "infectious waste"?

No.

Do linens soiled with blood or body fluids need to be treated as infectious waste?

No. Linens are reused and therefore do not enter the waste stream. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, ?Although soiled linen may harbor large numbers of pathogenic microorganisms, the risk of actual disease transmission from soiled linen is negligible?common-sense hygienic practices for processing and storage of linen are recommended." (From

Ed Pawlowski

Well, Uuuhh, let me see ... I AIN'T SAYIN' !!!!

I have to mainly avoid stepping in dog s---- all over my sidewalks. (One of my neighbors has taught his dog to walk and s---. Makes a mess out of the mailbox clusters.)

I have seen trash trucks "leak". Hopefully it was water on the outside from rain or washing. Okay, "let's say" that was what it was.

Mr. Man-wai Chang posted for all of us...

I know we hated to go out for a vehicle fire in one. It all ended being dumped out and hosed down. Yummy. The company was responsible to reload the truck. Any red bag or notable hazards got a call to communications for an environmental response. Took up a lot of volunteers time.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Guess he was only trying to make fun of us.