[VV OT] Reversion from Windows 10 to Windows 7

My current setup does not allow me to post to more appropriate newsgroups at present :-(>

Neighbours wish to revert from Windows 10 to Windows 7. I have never seen Win7 -> Win10 or Win10 itself. Exactly what does one have to do to initiate reversion?

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

First off, did the neighbours make a backup of the existing windows 7 setup. If yes just copy the said image over to the same drive which windows 10 is on.

If not, then as far as I can remember, there is some option somewhere in 'settings' to revert back to windows 7. Just found it, in Settings go to Update&Security, then select Recovery on the right hand side, and on the left hand side you will see 'Go back to windows 7' Click on Get Started, and that's it. Hope for the best!

Reply to
BobH

I don't even know yet who did it - they have grandchildren ...

I expect that, if they had an image, I would have been told. But I will ask.

That must be it - thanks.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

And it works, or at least it did on a Windows 7 tablet I have.

A surprising number seem to be doing this. I don't know the problem but I've been warned against 10 as the access for blind is not quite right yet in the Microsoft code. It slows down the longer it runs and the Edge browser is not actually fully implemented. So if you are blind as I am and need access software, give it a while for Msoft th and the software companies to get the bugs ironed out. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Anther problem that seems quite common is that the sound drivers for some older VIA and Realtek chips have not yet been included in the Windows updates (they are generally available now from the manufacturers websites but still need installing manually). This has the effect of speaker/microphone volumes being very low or non existent.

Not helpful for those that depend on these features.

Reply to
CB