firefox

firefox is not working well any longer on all my XP machines what else can I use?

Reply to
Only ever had ONE class A Call

You should be able to use Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release). I think 52.9.0 is the last version that supports XP.

You won't be able to update it, but it should work.

Reply to
Caecilius

Comodo IceDragon is similar and is based on the same browser engine as FF, but whether it works on Win XP I don't know. Worth a try though, I would think.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Firefox is fine here with XP as is SeaMonkey which also offers integrated mail and news

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Windows 10 :-)

Reply to
Scott

is s**te and not a joke. Win7 is much better.

Reply to
Tim Streater

yuk

Reply to
Only ever had ONE class A Call

Firefox 45 or earlier. All the current versions after 52 are incompatible and you need a multicore processor to run firefox after version 45. Its all in the docs.

There is very little choice these days as Chrome no longer supports XP. If you attempt to load in an older version it won't. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Very slowly unless at least a core 2 duo processor with two gigs of ram. If you have an amd processor then anything after 48 will crash on install.. See my previous message. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not the current versions though. I have tried firefox on many xp machines and firefox52 is only working well on the multicore processor machines otherwise it can take literally minutes to load and if the page is javascript heavy, go and have your lunch. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I would dispute that Windows 7 is better if you don't want a new operating system every month with a host of things to be reconfigured every time.. After all if you are using xp and are happy to accept the shortcomings, then at least there are a few months more of updates to 7, assuming the machine can cope with it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So it is

Scott

"One way to avoid falling victim was to upgrade to Windows 10..."

Another way is not to use Chrome.

Reply to
Max Demian