Subject Author Posted Replies

Desk Light Transformer
...you sure write a lot without reading his 1st sentence! "I have a fluorescent desk light..."
60
60

OT - A Science Forum With A Twist
Their motto: shittyaskscience: The same as askscience, but shittier Sample Q&A's: ============= Q: If you drink half of a 5-Hour energy shot, do you get 2.5 hours of energy, or half-assed energy for 5...

Shake and bake LA
Gordon Shumway used his keyboard to write : Living here is dangerous to the wallet, that much is sho 'nuf.
22
22

OT cellphone case
I am looking for a belt pouch that will carry 5.5" cell phone, ear buds and reading glasses. You would think there are more people on the planet other than me that needs to carry cell phone and...
4
4

Home size
This is from the Carpe Diem site. Homes are 1000 square feet larger than in 1973. Per person space has nearly doubled. A blog by Mark J. Perry, est. 2006 Subscribe to Carpe Diem here
8
8

Wood cutting problem
I have some 15 or so long wooden pieces, ~ 6" wide, 4 - 5' long. I will need to make these into a narrower strips. I have Skilsaw, hand saws, saber saw, and a bench vise. Unfortunately, no table saw...
28
28

seabugs transportation
Ever wonder how the chick gets around? [IMG] http://i65.tinypic.com/2w33t41.jpg/IMG

(OT) Need keyboard & mouse for old Apple G3 computer
It depends on how convenient you want the system to be -- how you value time vs. money. I've found it easier just to have the "right" keyboard for each machine, here. One less thing I have to remember...
15
15

OT Olympus OM-2 camera
Does anyone here use an OM-2? If you do, email me. I have something that may be of interest to you.
16
16

Bluetoth headsets and version 4.1, stereo.
Mostly phone calls, but if I listen to music, I'm willing to do it with one ear**. I figured I could also use it for Skype on the desktop computer. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed that. Can I, use the...
16
16

Routers
I have a business Linksys router and Xfinity modem in my home that I use fo r my telephone and internet services. I also have Xfinity Cable TV, which they have sent me another modem, that they say I...
2
2

Wireless Phones
I just replaced my 5.8MHz with a Panasonic DECT 6.0 unit with many bells and whistles. I especially wanted the call blocking, which works very well. It, with 4 total handsets was about $110. It does...
10
10

Paint won't stick to old siding?
We repainted my in-laws house a few years ago after doing some remodeling work. We scraped the old paint off down to bare wood, sanded, cleaned with TSP, primed with Kilz primer, and applied two top...
8
8

Fancy wood tile?
Need floor covering for my rental. Saw some 1 ft square fancy wood tiles in Home Depot. From $0.79 to $2+ per sq ft. Lower cost ones need plastic lamination, $0.25 a sq ft. About the same as cheap...
11
11

OT Are rear seat head restraints required
Head Restraints are covered extensively in Vehicle Safety Standard 202, published in 2000. They were invented in 1921 and according to Wikipedia, became mandatory in 1969. I have not read the article...
6
6