Air Powered Brad Nailer

I bought an Air Powered Brad Nailer at a rummage sale. It appears to work properly, but it did not come with any brads. I asked the seller what kind of brads to use, but he said this tool belonged to a deceased relative and he acquired this stuff, but knew nothing about it.

There is no brand name on the tool, so I can not look it up. How do I determine what size and type of brads to buy for it?

Reply to
Paintedcow

I paid $3 for it, the air coupler piece is worth $2, so I am not too worried about it. It's clean and looks almost new, so I bet it will work just fine.

---Copyright © 2016 Painted Cow, Inc. - All text, images, and other content of this message are the copyrighted material of Painted Cow, Inc. unless otherwise noted. Any reproduction or use of this material is forbidden without the written consent of the owner.

Websites (such as Homeownershub) who reproduce these messages without permission, WILL BE PROSECUTED!

/) (\ .-._((,~~.))_.-, `-. @ @ ,-' / ,o--o. \ ( ( .__. ) ) ) `----' ( / \ / \ / \

PAINTED COW

Reply to
Paintedcow

Most brads are 1 1/2 or 1 5/8 inches, anything smaller is usually called a pin nailer. I would start with those two sizes, if there is a lot of slop once the brads are loaded you can try something bigger.

I have a Bostich, but it takes Senco brads with no issues

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Have you ever heard the phrase "buyer beware?" Apparently not.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

he bewared, now he be askin.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Wild guess is 18ga and the max would be the length of the magazine.

Reply to
gfretwell

Have you looked to see if there are still a few nails left in the brad nailer magazine? Or maybe in the storage case if it came with one. If so, you can take them out and match them up at the store.

Otherwise, is there a model number or serial number on the nailer somewhere? Most manufacturers have their own numbering system, so that might help identify it.

Anthony Watson

HerHusband

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ? Plato

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Gordon Shumway posted for all of us...

This guy has also never heard of a magical process called Google.

Reply to
Tekkie®