Location for Pendants from the edge of the kitchen bar.

Have a project to install pendant lights over the kitchen bar. I can find lots of tips on-line as to what the correct height should be, but nothing on the actual location as to how far back from the edge of the BAR the lights be mounted ?

I am sure you could figure out the radius of the light as it hits the bar from a height of 30" above, depending on the globe that is currently installed. But what if we change the pendant ?

Does anyone know a rule to follow for pendant location on the ceiling with respect to the edge of the BAR ? How far back so that I am not shinning on there head and provide some light for eating ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
sidwelle

lots of tips on-line as to what the correct height should be, but nothing on the actual location as to how far back from the edge of the BAR the ligh ts be mounted ?

from a height of 30" above, depending on the globe that is currently insta lled.

h respect to the edge of the BAR ? How far back so that I am not shinning on there head and provide some light for eating ?

In a situation such as yours, I would ask the customer to sit at the bar an d pretend to do things that she/he normally does. We then figure from that where the light should land. Most pendant lights do not put out a lot of light so if you want to be able to read, figure accordingly.

John Grabowski

John G