fluorescent bar light in kitchen

Hello all, Our 2 fluorescent bar lights in the kitchen burned out after 4 years so I replaced them w/ new bar lights.

I must not have replaced them correctly as we see it takes a bit longer for them to light up and several days ago, it would light up dimly occasionally. Since then, I took them out and put them back on, and now, they light up although it takes longer than the original bar lights.

The question is: These bar lights have 2 prongs at both ends. I slide them into the fixture, but how do I know it's locked in correctly?

Sorry for the newbie question.

THANKS!!

Reply to
ap