furnace blower motor

I have a G50UH gas furnace by Lennox. My blower motor is making a high pitched humm. The air filter on the intake is clean. There is no oil and there isn't a belt. What could be making the noise? Do I need a new blower motor??

Thanks.

Joe O'Connell

Reply to
joe_oconnell

probably .

ds549

How old? Sure it's the motor?

Reply to
Meat Plow

Hard to say without hearing it or feeling it. Could be the motor bearings are starting to go. If you feel vibration, that is a pretty sure sign of it going. Some larger motors are able to be rebuilt, others are throw aways.

You may find a replacement at

or a local motor shop.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Could be needs oil, dirt on the blower, loose mounting bolts, or any of a bunch of problems. Yeah,I know. You didn't see an oil hole. But, maybe a pro knows where to look.

Time to call a service company.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It's possible, even likely. Check with the furnace guru at

They sould have the answers and the parts. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Shame on you.