Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Replacement water heater for home (NSOT??)
I have gas heat, hot water, and stove. I've never lost gas but during a power outage, my gas furnace won't work (needs a fan to blow the forced air) and it shuts down without electricity. Same thing...
141
141

AT&T cell service or cricket wireless
Cricket wireless using AT&T towers has been out of service all day. The 800 number is out of order, the cricket app is down, does anyone have AT&T or cricket, and are you having problems with service?
15
15

Updating house for sale question
On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 07:54:36 -0700 (PDT), wrote in IMO, selling fast is always better than selling to squeeze out every penny.
31
31

Where to buy 3x5 pads
Group purchase? Not quite as many. Buck a pad is a bit steep, but what you gonna do? Half a buck each, a bit better. Post it note format.
38
38

Antivirus update
I was asked for a review of the Avira antivirus I recently installed on my desktop comp . It does the job , and has been OK for the most part on my other computers . In this unit however , it locks up...
6
6

Would refrigeration shrink my rechargeable batteries?
Reading again. Slightly too long. When I was a kid, I did tear some batteries apart. Some cells, the negative end has a kind of decorative plate, which is held on by the plastic wrap. Don't know if it...
9
9

Enamel Paint For Cowboy Coffee Pot.
I picked up this Cowboy Coffee Percolator on eBay. There is some rust on the inside bottom from where the steel percolator basket as apparently worn down the enamel coating. I've tried vinegar,...
11
11

“Song Chuan" 832a-1a-f relay.
Please leave a note here if you have a defective ?Song Chuan" 832a-1a-f relay.
1
1

Whining in my pipes
I have seen something similar with a water pressure regulator. Increasing the pressure slightly made the noise stop. Something to consider.
19
19

Program help for overhead model
Need help programming overhead door opener model 456 with genie gawk keyless remote
3
3

OT, Golf Anyone?
I think that's the guy who never picks up the check at the restaurant!
6
6

What is this?
Oh, right. Wait till your guy goofs up, and then quit the thread. I think Gordon would have saved a lot of time to simply ask me to delete off the Re: when the subject line changes. How hard was that?...
36
36

Repair Manifesto
Small fans are one thing that is often tossed when they quit turning . They often need just a drop or 6 of light oil ... 2 down and one to go , but the 3rd might have a loose bushing which oil...
2
2

Briggs & Stratton, no compression brand new head
24 hp engine on a Cub Cadet mower. V-twin. 2004 vintage 274 hours. Left side of engine (looking from the carburetor) had bent push rods. On the intake valve the valve guide got displaced and locked up...
5
5

Joining stringers for long stairs
no building codes here so the only option is to sue in small claims court, and that is not a sure thing either due to the lack of codes here. age. To avoid windows and other things, up top is a 4'x8'...
22
22