WD-40 Advertisement

When WD-40 was ready to hit the market in 1958 one of the company's marketing kooks came up with an ad sign for it, which I doubt ever made it out the door. (No guarantee that this story is true.)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Jeff...

Did you get the idea for your domain from the tv sitcom?

I liked the character DJ Dr Johnny Fever the best though. [g]

When I was an internet radio based DJ, I emulated him more often than not. [g]

Reply to
Diesel

When WD-40 was ready to hit the market in 1958 one of the company's marketing kooks came up with an ad sign for it, which I doubt ever made it out the door. (No guarantee that this story is true.)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Per Jeff Wisnia:

Cute...

But, AFIK, WD-40 just displaces water and claims no lubricating properties.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Mormy would have had a half dozen posts by now! 8^(

Reply to
bob_villa

Yet that's precisely what everyone uses it for. Funny how it stops hinges squeaking that aren't wet.

Reply to
James Wilkinson

The new stuff does...

DerbyDad03