WD 40

Beleive it or not, tre or false copied from another group.
Before you read to the end, does anybody know what the main ingredient of WD-40 is?
Don't lie and don't cheat.
WD-40. Who knows?
I had a neighbour who had bought a new pickup. I got up very early one Sunday morning and saw that someone had sprayed red paint all around the sides of this beige truck (for some unknown reason). I went over, woke him up, and told him the bad news. He was very upset and was trying to figure out what to do probably nothing until Monday morning, since nothing was open.
Another neighbour came out and told him to get his WD-40 and clean it off. It removed the unwanted paint beautifully and did not harm his paint job that was on the truck. I'm impressed! WD-40 who knew? 'Water Displacement #40' The product began from a search for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company..
Its name comes=2 0 from the project that was to find a 'water displacement' compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. The Convair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.
Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you. When you read the 'shower door' part, try it. It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It's a miracle! Then try it on your stove top ... Viola! It's now shinier than it's ever been. You'll be amazed.
Here are some other uses:
1. Protects silver from tarnishing. 2. Removes road tar and grime from cars. 3.. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings. 4. Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery. 5. Keeps flies off cows. 6. Restores and cleans chalkboards. 7. Removes lipstick stains. 8. Loosens stubborn zippers. 9. Untangles jewellery chains. 10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks. 11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill. 12. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing. 13. Removes tomato stains from clothing. 14. Keeps glass shower doors free=2 0of water spots. 15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors. 16. Keeps scissors working smoothly. 17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes. 18. It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff marks on flooring. It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks. 19. Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly! Use WD-40! 20. Gives a children's playground gym slide a shine for a super fast slide. 21. Lubricates gear shift and mower deck lever for ease of handling on riding mowers. 22. Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises. 23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open. 24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close. 25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers. 26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles. 27. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans. 28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling. 29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly. 30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tool s. 31. Removes splattered grease on stove. 32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging. 33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs. 34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell). 35. Removes all traces of duct tape. 36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain. 37. Favourite use is: 'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.' 38. The favorite use in the state of New York , WD-40 protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements. 39. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose. Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some states. 40. Use it for fire ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch. 41. WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag. 42. Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash. Presto! The lipstick is gone! 43. If you sprayed WD-40 on the distributor cap , it would displace the moisture and allow the car to start.
P. S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.
t.
Add pictures here
✖

Oh dear. Spam email circulated urban legends.
See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wd40#Formulation
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

When I followed that link I saw the word "Naphtha". I've never known just exactly how to pronounce it so I clicked on the Naphtha link to go to that wiki page and found the following:
Naphtha (pronounced /'næf??/ or /'næp??/)
Well, that _REALLY_ helps with the pronunciation doesn't it??? :o)
Add pictures here
✖

Naph - as in I'm 'avin a nap.
tha - as as in thar she blows.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

Cheers :o)
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 07:46:12 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

Not Naff then?
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Dave wrote:

Well it does if you check the IPA pronunciation guide in a dictionary ;-)
There are two ways of saying naphtha and nothing to choose between them (i.e. they are both correct).
The first syllable is either nap- or naff-
The second syllable is tha as in the word 'thank' without the 'nk'
The stress is even between the two syllables.
Add pictures here
✖

I can be definite that WD40 does not contain fish oil. I am seriously allergic to anything fishy an d I have been using WD 40 for a great number of years without any effects.
Alan >
Add pictures here
✖
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Kipper at sea

Fuck off.
Add pictures here
✖

As I stated, " copied from another group" It wasn't any intention to be spam by myself. I think you should try some in your mouth
Add pictures here
✖
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Kipper at sea

For fuck's sake, do you think it's original?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 14:54:25 -0700 (PDT), Kipper at sea

Swallow or spit?
Add pictures here
✖
Kipper at sea wrote:

<SNIP>
Even the WD40 Liberation Front wouldn't make all those claims.
--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:59:53 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Which one would they leave out? .-)
--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
Bob Eager wrote:

Keeps flies off cows. The rest is true :-)
--
Dave - WD40 Liberation Front.

Add pictures here
✖

Reminds me of Austin Powers in Goldmember Preparations A through G were a complete failure...
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
✖
Graham. wrote:

I had paperwork that used to advise using WD 36 at work. That was about 20 years ago, though.
Dave
Add pictures here
✖

Actually I found it amazing that WD40 claimed so much credit. What I didn’t expect is it to be classed as spam. I didn’t also expect a comment telling me so bluntly to **** off. I’m in the building trade and that language is used in general talk in the trade. But I find it unnecessary on a DIY group as this.
Add pictures here
✖
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Kipper at sea

I didn't call it spam. My objection to it is; it's been around so long it has whiskers. I'm sick of seeing it every time someone stumbles across it somewhere else. If someone deliberately posted it here with the objective of starting up the WD40 Wars again, then they'd be nothing but a troll - are you?

Maybe Usenet is not for you.
Add pictures here
✖

And we're all heartily sick of your appalling manners - it's your option to open any posting here and as you have clearly done so for this heading, then it's your own fault if you are irritated by it. You didn't need to open the post, so I suggest in future you don't open any with this heading and then you won't be upset by it.
Repeat material of this type is one of the hazards of Usenet and emails - just how many internet jokes reappear time and time again; if you want to live in the electronic communication age, you have to learn to put up with things that on occasions annoy you - just like we have to tolerate, or not, your immoderate outbursts !
Just be a good chap please and either be a bit more tolerant, or don't open posts that you know will annoy you.
Add pictures here
✖