Re: Magic Chef electric oven problem - help!

Hello all,

> > I have a Magic Chef electric oven/burner. This evening we noticed > that the oven does not work. The burners work. I wonder if the > problem could have been caused by turning off the power to the house > for a short while? I had a bulb break in a socket in a bedroom so I > turned the power off using the main circuit breaker (there was no > breaker simply for that one room) to get the screw end of the bulb out > of the socket. We've lost power before during the summer, and we've > never had a problem with the oven. Any ideas would be greatly > appreciated. Thanks.

I have a similar problem... the stove top seems to be working fine. The digital clock is working... When I touch the Bake or Broil buttons, the Lock light turns on. I can not adjust the temp of the oven for preheat. Any ideas?

Reply to
shanerose0490

Have you checked the manual to ensure it's not some feature? Ie: not's not hard programmed to preheat to a certain value? If this isn't the case, it sounds like you have a malfunctioning controller board.

Reply to
Diesel

Check to see if the oven heating element or its plug/socket has gone bad?

Reply to
Wade Garrett

Oren posted for all of us...

Thank you, I will use this to explain to the homoaners hub people their impact on the gerbil population. It's a heart breaking story because of the posting source. This service should come to the notice of the entertainment industry.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Malfunction junction And additionally DAGS

Reply to
Tekkie®