Subject Author Posted Replies

breaker box install question
Since it is not going to be 100% to code anyway, there IS a way to use both breakers in that panel. Using a lug or large wire nut, split the black to both breakers, and put the white on the neutral as...
57
57

Need freezer Recharge Education
Why not ask those questions of the BiL?
11
11

Why does this backflow pressure valve constantly leak?
By way of belated update, I thoroughly cleaned out the backflow pressure valve components about a week or so ago, and the eruptions of water just stopped. So I guess it just needed a "tune up"...
1
1

OT Using PapPal?
It makes me sorry I don't ship things.
6
6

Storing tools in oil?
Gordon Shumway news: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 19:42:27 GMT Uhh, No. It's you. First line: Message-ID: Is 123 characters long. You should be wrapping text/line breaking at 72 or so. Your client isn't.
18
18

Cleaning exposed copper pipes
I think it's important to clean the pipes well before spray painting. 3,000 PSI pressure washer might work, to remove the cleaning agent. Make sure it's dry before painting. Then, the clear coat will...
9
9

Dropping a tree
LOL, I've seen that video before. That ol' boy is good, made it look easy
1
1

Switch a switch with wet hands
I don't do this, but I have am AC fan with a remote switch. I put the switch in the hot wire, and the neutral wire is 10 feet away. That is, the hot wire comes to the switch and goes back to the fan's...
14
14

OT Waxy hands in hot weather
I use the same soap as Stormy and never noticed waxy feeling. What brand of soap are you using?
7
7

OT - How To Avoid Fear Of Heights
If all parents would do this for their young children, we could eradicate the Fear Of Heights epidemic that is sweeping our nation.
11
11

Water Softeners and Septic Tanks
A neighbor said he is going to install a water softener. He has a septic tank, which he said is a metal (steel) tank. I told him the salt from that softener is going to destroy that metal tank in a...
8
8

Freezer question
I posted recently about our freezer having problems staying cold. We have a side by side GE Profile Model PSHS6RGXCDSS I don't really have a bench mark to compare its current functioning to beca use...
15
15

Large Garden Window over Small Bathroom Window
Your install may have been no different vs. a standard window, but that wouldn't be the case in Snuffy's situation. He is planning on using a garden window that is bigger than the existing window....
23
23

Facebook Has Ruined The Internet
From: Facebook Has Ruined The Internet In one particular way, at least I?m going ?old fogy? on this one The Internet, more specifically the World Wide Web, used to be about something much different...
18
18

G clamp or C clamp?
There was a peripatetic brass tutor at my school named Mr G Clamp.
142
142