Charter spectrum home phone

How do I install a phone? I have charter triple play, tv, internet and home phone. Is there a certain kind of phone I need?

Reply to
Melissa Blevins

Any single-line touch-tone corded POTS phone should work.

Reply to
Bill

If one has an old house like mine that is wired for POTS with jacks in all the rooms they can still be used with a cable modem. First disconnect the house cable from the incoming telephone service cable (outside) and insulate all the house cable wire endings. Then connect the modem to a nearby inside room jack with a standard telephone wire (RJ11 male to male). Now you have phone access in all your rooms just like your previous POTS service.

With cordless phones this is perhaps not as important these days. However using this method I was able to locate my cordless base station in a more convenient location in another room away from the modem. Also I have a standard wired phone on one of the jacks that still works in power outages. (My modem has a backup battery but my cordless base doesn't. YMMV.) Course having cell phones a lack of wired service might not be the problem it once was.

Reply to
AL