Leaking kitchen faucet

My Peerless dual-sink kitchen faucet is leaking where the spout attaches to the base and knobs and swings back and forth between sinks and sink areas.

It's probably impossible or requires removal of the faucet system to repair so replacing it is easier. But I thought I'd ask - you never know! My problem is I'm too old and stiff to work under the sink in the cabinet to replace it so would rather not - plumbers are expensive labor.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Call Peerless, I believe their faucets have a lifetime warranty!

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

Good point but even if they do, it would cover only the faucet- not the labor to install.

Reply to
Wade Garrett

I had the same trouble with a Kohler faucet and really wasn't sure what the problem was. I searched YouTube for a repair video of this faucet and found one that was experiencing the exact same leak. Followed instructions and it was just about this time last year I made the repair and so far so good.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

You will not get anywhere by impersonating my late, ex-wife...... ;-)

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

It may be repairable from the top by taking off a cover at the base of the spout. You may be able to get the part from Peerless under warranty.

Look for an answer here

Ed Pawlowski

I have the same problem being older. I'm on good terms with my plumber and he will install parts I supply. Been a couple of years since I used him but I had saved up three jobs to do the same visit.

Reply to
Frank

Most (or all) spouts are removable from the faucet without removing the faucet. There is usually an O-ring that needs to be replaced. Plumbers grease should be used with the new O-ring.

Reply to
Paintedcow