leaky kitchen faucet

I have searched this group for answers but haven't been able to find my particular problem. Hopefully, someone can help!

We have a Delta kitchen faucet - a model with two handles, a tall spout, and sprayer. A leak has developed somewhere, but I can't find the source. The first time I noticed a leak, water was dripping from beneath the hot water-side locknut. I replaced the stems, seats and springs on both sides and turned the water back on. At this point everything seemed fine. A few days later I checked and it was leaking again, this time from around the cold-side lock nut. At this point, I disconnected the faucet, brought it under the sink with me and reconnected it so that I could try to see where the water is coming from. Of course, no water leak. So . . . I reconnected everything, waited a day, and PRESTO the leak reappears.

Before I spend $100 replacing this faucet, could the o-rings beneath the spout be causing this problem? It seems like if they were bad, the faucet would leak around the base of the spout, not under the sink. Can these faucets just develop a leak somewhere besides where a gasket or o-ring is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reply to
kep1113

You're right; spout seal leaks should be visible on top. But they can be tiny and you may not see them before the water runs underneath. If you're 100% sure there are no leaks on top, and the water isn't coming from the spray hose/wand, I'd suspect a tiny flaw in the casting underneath. Rare, but possible. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim