Subject Author Posted Replies

Gravel compaction ratio.
I am in the midst of a fair-sized landscaping job. (Two 4-walled interlocking brick flower boxes, sidewalk, patio, etc.) I am planning to buy a compactor instead of renting one because I plan a...
3
3

Danny D bettting Pool on refrigerator
Some out there has to have experience running a betting pool. Will Danny D repair his refrigrator, or replace? What date? And will he choose the outcome, or will his wife issue an executive order? My...
12
12

What to do with old water softener??
Disconnected the old Rain Soft carbon filter tank and resin tank. I can use the salt container as a water container. The carbon filter is done. I'm sure it can be replaced The resin tank is reusable...
4
4

Missing mouse trap
Give it a few weeks and your nose will tell you!
13
13

Color Changing Solar LED sidewalk light, don't change color
I bought several Color Changing Solar LED sidewalk lights at Walmart. Of the four I bought, three of them changed color, the 4th one stayed red all the time. Since I was going to Walmart, I took the...

Passing UF Wire Through Shed Wall
I need to pass UF wire through a 3/8" wooden shed wall. Can I use a LB conduit body to accomplish this? There will be no conduit inside or outside the shed, just the UF wire. The area where the body...
12
12

replacing 12v halogen lights with LEDs
I have been having severe problems with 12v halogen "spot"lights. My Satco strip seems to blow its internal mini-transformers behind the bulb about every other time the bulb blows. I also have an Ikea...

Garden hose faucet wrench
I'm writing an estimate for a job where I'll need to connect to garden hose faucets. Commercial buildings, some have 1/4 inch valve stem, most have 5/16, and one had 3/8 square valve stem. The five...
20
20

Post setting foam?
Seems like an expensive alternative to a $3 bag of concrete.
3
3

Adding a return air vent and other HVAC questions
I have a single floor house plan. It was built around 1998. I have the same ac/furnace that was installed when we built the house. The unit is under t he house in a crawl space. The unit is on one end...
18
18

Weak freezer door gasket
It passes the dollar bill test easily. It is still much easier to open tha n the fridge side and it bounces open a bit when the fridge is opened and c losed. It seems to be on the mend. Yesterday it...
8
8

broken piston rod
"An electric lawn mower is still suitable for large gardens as range is only limited to the length of extension lead you can get, and there are also powerful models available."
82
82

"Shieldz" over dry-wall compound -- dry-wall compound is coming off
Dunno'; never used the product. The Tech Data sheet doesn't say anything terribly much on new drywall; does say plaster must cure 90 days before using the product. I'd guess the two days wasn't long...
11
11

Mildew on clothes
Well, the non-domesticated genius here left a load of towels in the = warsher overnight and then hung them up to dry, and they now have this = nice mildew smell. What's the best non-lethal treatment?...
15
15

Update on Whirlpool refrigerator powering down after a power glitch (really long)
This is an update on my new (July 2015) Whirlpool '4 door' French door fridge. I previously reported that while on a 1 week vacation in April 2016, the unit powered down and spoiled all the food. The...
33
33