Subject Author Posted Replies

Handy Tricks
Just throwing this out.... if you ever need to know the rough level of a tank of some kind of liquid - emphasis on "rough" level - pour hot water on the side and then feel the surface. Above the level...
3
3

HOME OWNERS HUB FOLKS READ THIS
Please check the DATE of the post before you reply. The Home Owners hub web site you are on is simply a link to the newsgroup If you don't know what that means, Google "usenet" Some of the post you...
15
15

OT: Humans will be wiped out by robots
You got some weird guys in the pentagon.... Huge technological leaps forward in drones, artificial intelligence and autonomous weapon systems must be addressed before humanity is driven to extinction
2
2

Flamemaster wont ignite.
When I turned up my thermostat the furnace did not come on. This is the first time the furnace has been needed in 4 months. Pilot is lit and I can manually start the fan so motor and belt are fine....
2
2

Fertilizing rocky soil where it's half soil half stones (and no dirt)
Tomatos need cool nights to set fruit.
167
167

The water that drains from the AC
I have a portable AC that rolls on wheels, and it's vented out a window like a clothes dryer is vented. It has a drain on the back of the AC that allows you to attach a 1/2 inch drain hose and then...
10
10

gas lamps flicker
The ceiling gas lamps in the parlour keep flickering, sometimes going out completely. The ones in the hallway don't have this problem. How would you suggest I solve the flickering problem? Do you...
4
4

OT: Destroy all mosquitoes!
Don't worry, the whole honey business is killing all bees! :) And I think it's actually an ISIS plot!
36
36

Underground water leak
This solution requires a piece of pvc pipe, a styrofoam cup, and a stethoscope. Oh, almost forgot, tape. This paper has the odd contraptions farmers come up with to solve their problems.
19
19

dirt coming in kitchen sink
My kitchen sink was draining slow so I tried the baking soda and vinegar , then it wouldn't drain at all so I stopped up one sink and plunged the other . Black dirt came up in my sink. I have plunged...
8
8

Garage door key switch
I use a wireless keypad. It runs on a 9v battery and, as I have 2 doors, can be programmed for both doors (different codes). It uses rolling codes, which makes it more secure. The battery, so far, has...
34
34

when I use LED bulbs they will not shut off
The hood probably has a dimmer or some other type of electronic control. Not a lot you can do other than replacing the electronics with something that is less leaky. If you don't use the dimming...
1
1

Grease marks left on brick
I have brick around my stove and when I fry something on the stove it leaves grease stains on the brick. I have tried several cleaners and none have taken the grease out.
3
3

What Does My Finger Weigh?
I'm always interested in learning new things to try and spotted this one in a book of puzzles SWIMBO just gave me. I just had to try it. Put a paper or Styrofoam cup with water in it on a kitchen or...
32
32

Smoke alarm
First. Alert brand . Why is the escape light flashing red,yellow, and green every few means ok. I think it should stay one color to indicate the alarms status. Am I correct. The test feature does...
1
1