Newsreader Survey -- Which do you use?

I would be interested in finding out which newsreaders people here are using.

My reason for asking is that I am now migrating to Windows 10 computers, and the Outlook Express (with QuoteFix) that I was using on a Windows XP computer does not work on Windows 10 computers.

So, I have been trying Thunderbird and Windows Live Mail (WLM) as a newsreader on the Windows 10 computers, but I can't get them to work as well as Outlook Express worked on my XP computer.

So, I am taking a quick survey --

Which Newsreader(s) are you using?

Thanks.

Reply to
TomR

Thunderbird. I use it on Windows and Linux for an uniform cross-platform experience. I never liked OE and haven't used it in 15 years or so.

Reply to
rbowman

I miss OE. It worked well.

On this portable I have Thunderbird, on my desktop I have Agent. They both work well for me.

If you use different computers you can put Thunderbird Portable on a thumb drive. I use it at work at times.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

OE/Quotefix , just one of many reasons that almost every computer in my house runs XP . My wife likes her Win7 Pro 64bit laptop , she's using T-bird . I've used it in the past and liked it when I couldn't have OE ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Agent.

Reply to
clare

On Sat, 17 Dec 2016 14:32:17 -0500, "TomR" wrote in

I've been using Forte Agent for about 20 years. I use it for both email and NGs

CRNG

Forte Agent

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

By the way, if you look at the headers of most posts the newsreader being used to make the post is listed.

Reply to
Stormin' Norman

I miss OE too. Win 10 broke a lot of things for me. I have several computers that still run XP on and like it.

I am now using MicroPlanet Gravity. It works ok for a free program. I am not a real heavy news reader user persone.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Checking the headers of a post will tell you what the poster is using.

I use Outlook Express from runasdxp,com on Windows 10

dadiOH

Forte Agent a version from ~ 2002. Has worked fine on my desktops and laptops from Xp Pro to Win 8. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Forte Agent. Works good for me.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Per TomR:

Forte's "Agent".

My only gripe is that it does not work dependably over a LAN - i.e. I have to keep it's files on my PC instead of the NAS box.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Same for me.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Usenet reader for android

Works good enough

Reply to
cowabunga dude

If you use different computers *and* you can use a thumb drive on them.

There are certain situations where no external media devices are not allowed and therefore won't be recognized. DAMHIKT

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Forte Agent 5 on Xubuntu/wine.

Reply to
Mr.E

Thunderbird on Win10.

Don't know about OE but it may still be available:

I have to use old IE on Win10 which now has MS Next browser and found it was still there. I just had to look for it. I needed it to access clients network.

Reply to
Frank

Have been using slrn for quite a few years, it works fine. (Before that I used rn.)

Reply to
Roger Blake

Google groups..

works everywhere on any PC

I know a few years ago GG was responsible for a lot of spam hitting Usenet, that problem seems to be resolved these days.

makolber