Programmable Thermostat

I have a TOTALINE Model #P474-1035 Programmable Thermostat

How do I set thermostat so the furnace turns on when the temperature drops below 82°F.? What positions should the MODE and the FAN switches be m oved to?

(I do NOT want the air conditioner to come on).

Reply to
GARYWC

Heat / auto

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

But how do I set thermostat so the furnace turns on when the temperature dr ops below 82°F?

Reply to
GARYWC

Why can you just answer my question?

The manual doesn't tell me how to set the thermostat so the furnace turns o n when the temperature drops below 82°F?

Reply to
GARYWC

Hardwire it to always on. 82 may be the upper limit. When it hits 90 open a window.

Reply to
Thomas

To manually override the program settings, see page 6 of user manual here:

Retired

drops below 82°F?

I smell a troll.

Reply to
trader_4

s below 82°F.? What positions should the MODE and the FAN switches be moved to?

Do you want me to read you the manual, or will this link suffice?

Pages 10 through 15 show how to set the temperature. The "heat setpoint" is the one you're interested in.

Dang, this is a complicated thermostat. Did you really pay the suggested retail price of $83 for yours? This one probably would have done you just fine for about 20 bucks:

I'm sympathetic to your plight (despite my snarky remark about reading you the manual). My mother had me program hers to always stay at the same temperature. It's pointless for her HVAC guy to have installed a programmable.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

I'm 96 years old.

I just want a thermostat that will keep me warm in the winter and cool in the summer

Reply to
GARYWC

Set the mode switch at the bottom left to "heat" Set the fan switch at the bottom right to "auto" Set the program switch on the right hand side to "off", that's the middle position. Use the up and down arrow buttons to set the desired temp.

In summer just change the mode switch at the bottom left to "cool"

Reply to
trader_4