Subject Author Posted Replies

Propane Tank Explosion
A man in a rural area apparently hit the valves on the top of a buried propane tank. The explosion and fire eventually killed him. <> The tractor looks like an 8N Ford. Those old things are worth...
19
19

OT. Jar Opening Service
From the Babylon Bee: <>y They have a couple other things single women can get assistance for. Turning jars upside down and whacking the lids flat against a counter top works.
10
10

Most EVs Cost More to Drive Than Their Gas-Powered Rivals
 Analysis by the Anderson Economic Group, a public policy consulting firm based in Lansing, Michigan, showed that in the first half of 2023, for most classes of vehicles, it cost more to drive a mile...
8
8

batteries leaked.
I have a tv remote that was working up until 3 or 4 days ago, and its batteries have leaked. I didn't think that was possible.
16
16

On Topic: 1/2" sleeve puller?
Hi All, Anyone ever use one of these: Pasco 4661 Fully Machined Compression Sleeve Puller For 1/2? Copper Tubing it work? -T Fully machined body and screw | Lifetime guarantee not to bend or break |...

driving dump trucks over tarps?
A bit of an oddball question: I want to have several dump trucks of dirt delivered to my property to fill in a depression. It's about 50ft of lawn from the street in front of my house to the...
11
11

cleaning aluminum wheels
I have a 2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 with 107K miles. I bought it at 75K miles five years ago. The motorcycle has aluminum wheels and to the best of my knowledge they are not coated. The wheels have...
4
4

Can any electrician fix OVO meters?
I have an OVO meter and I was wondering if any electrician can fix it or does it have to be an employee from OVO? Hope this doesn't should like a stupid question.
4
4

Li Batt Mower
Used to have Black & Decker corded mower, just one switch. Ryobi 404018 has three. Why does the blade stop while the "self-propel" still works? Then almost randomly tsart cutting again? Is there a way...
17
17

Expensive Digs
The article says it's an expensive house but it comes with 50 acres of dirt. <> Copper Beech Farm in Greenwich is also one of the priciest properties to close in the U.S. Copper Beech Farm in...
12
12

40" (manual) push mower?
Gone from 1/8 acre lawn to 1/3. Push mower doesn't cut it but Electric seems lazy to me wondering how I could get a WIDER manual (no-powered) mower plus all the hassles with power mowers, gas/batt...
11
11

OT. Farm Fire
A farmer lost maybe two million dollars worth of equipment in a fire recently. An insurance company investigator is blaming a bad battery cable on a tractor causing a spark that ignited fuel. <>

Increase TOilet GPF
SOmething about moving the ball higher? Any comments, methods for non-ball toilets?
18
18

Best electronic contact CLEaner
I've heard that CAIG Deoxit D55-6 spray contact cleaner is the best. I have a can, but I can't find it. I can find a small can of LPS Instant Contact Cleaner. Is that as good? Almost as good? (They...
7
7

Where is the blind spot & how do you check it when crossing a bike lane?
A teen failed her driving test and the instructor wrote that she failed to check her blind spot when making a right turn at an intersection with a green light when the car crossed the bike lane to the...
52
52