Subject Author Posted Replies

Liftmaster 1280/2280 Opener
I have a 10 year old Liftmaster 1280/2280 Garage Door belt opener. The belt wore out and was coming apart. I Bought a new belt off Ebay. I Removed the old belt. I quickly found that my 90 year old...
14
14

Can't make these things up.
How to use a shoehorn -- I kid you not. Will these fit size 8 women shoes? Answer: Yes, they will fit any size. You can watch videos on how to use shoe horns, i.e.:

OVEN WIRING
WE ARE REMODELING THE KITCHEN AND THE EXISTING WIRE IS NM-B 4/2 . IT IS 2 FT TOO SHORT FOR THE NEW DOUBLE OVENS THE KW RATING IS 240V 8.9kW OR 208 6.7 kW 40 AMP BREAKER WHAT SIZE WIRE SHOULD i HAVE ?
8
8

Why did it take so long to invent the toiler flapper valve?
they were in use in ROW for ages, but in the UK legislation made them illegal to use (god knows why) but joining the SM meant that law had to be rescinded so they were legal here too tim
45
45

locksmiths online
Beware of online reviews and also fake businesses ! journalist points out many fake locksmiths on google maps - with great reviews - also fake. A commenter says he ran into the same thing with garage...
1
1

Oil Furnace Reset Button
My oil furnace was running fine and did NOT run out of oil. I did get a new load of oil in to take me through the winter and within 24 hours the furnace needed me to hit the reset button. I did and...
7
7

They run up and down walls and upside down on the ceiling.
I don't have, or know, any kids to buy these for but they look neat. Lowes has Radical Racers for $20 ?keywords=radical%2Bracers&qid=1578715179&sr=8-3&th=1They run up and down walls and upside down on...
1
1

OT having a dog
Yes, we all have too much to read but here is something interesting and probably not animosity-creating. Esp. for people who have dogs or like dogs....

OT: Another I can't believe this with a Boeing 737
to land on some runways causes the Boeing 737's control screens to go black That sure doesn't make one feel confident in Boeing planes either. The Boeing 737 Next Generation has a gnarly bug: on...
8
8

OT: Aussie fires - ATTN Rod Speed
AFAIK, Australia ain't a third world country. So why have I just been asked to sign a petition to the UK government to give them foreign aid? Can't the Aussie government sort it?
5
5

Cleaning your windmill
I'm sure many of you wanted to put in your own windmill and hesitated thinking, "how would I ever clean the blades?" This is the answer

new topics for discussion
Listened for a while to Coast to Coast radio. It's good to hear about science once in a while instead of politics. /sarcasm One of the callers asked about structured water and the guest had nice...
3
3

What are these (fiberboard) ceiling panels called?
Hi, Our community clubhouse (in downstate New York) was built in the 1940s. The cathedral ceiling is finished with these large panels (approx 4ft x 6ft) that have wood strips around the perimeter of...
6
6

Why secure a loft trapdoor in a storm?
Why secure a loft trapdoor in a storm? And what's the roof pitch to do with anything? "Close and secure loft trapdoors with bolts, particularly if roof pitch is less than 30°"
36
36

4-way switch
This is not what I observed. The resistance between L3 and L1 or L4 is zero, depending on the switch position. L3 is always hot, L1 and L4 is hot depends on the switch position.
24
24