Going broke in Tulsa

I invested in a business that I figured would make me a lot of money fast. There is a gathering of 19,000 people there so I figured we could sell maybe 15,000 face masks. How can you lose with a crowd like that?

The news showed some scenes of both inside and outside the gathering. Looks like sales are a bust and we will be stuck with a bunch of masks printed "Trump 2020". I did not see anyone wearing the masks.

Damn, thought I'd be rich!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm glad I didn't invest when you asked me to.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the American public"

And a judge ruled that Bolton gets to publish his book. The story implied that the one in print and distributed is NOT a censored copy.

The judge said Bolton gambled with US security and Trump called the decision a victory, even though trump lost.

That reminds me of the dozens of girls I slept with in high school, even though I didn't actually sleep with any of them.

Reply to
micky

On 6/20/2020 4:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote: ...

Local ABC affiliate showed a dude and asked if was going to wear one inside -- said didn't know but if did it would be -- and modeled the above one...

So, at least one sold...

Reply to
dpb

The big breaking news headline continuously scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen says "Media blamed for lower than expected rally turnout." The arena is apparently less than full, and what looked like the overflow area is completely empty.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

That can't be right. A million people wanted tickets. Maybe the ticket company did not get them mailed in time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'll check the news tomorrow with full confidence that someone will get to the bottom of it. Maybe there was a mix-up and most folks went to the wrong arena.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

The BLM was blocking entrance.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Not in the video that I saw. Maybe there's a better angle.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Maybe they just wanted tickets to sell at auction decades from now mounted in a nice frame. This is bound to be historical.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Half of them probably went to Tesla instead.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

If it's historical the antifacrats will tear it down.

Reply to
Bob_4

Sorry, Ed. I've used up all my supply of Schadenfreude. You'll have to wait until I can make more.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Red on a flag is communist symbology. I will always have affection for Old Glory's beautiful <redacted> White and Blue.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Part of the story is that teenagers used social media to organize and apply for tickets with no intention of coming, just to screw Trump. So, if there ever was a 1 mil number, that's part of it. And his ace digital campaign couldn't figure out that people getting tickets from Florida or South Korea were not likely to be real? No, they likely knew, just no one dared to tell the emperor with no clothes the truth.

Reply to
trader_4

Oh, and did you see that six Trump campaign workers at Tulsa tested positive? That was a good start.

Reply to
trader_4

Yes, and during the rally Trump doubled down on his claim that the US has done more testing than the rest of the world combined, and says he told his people to slow down on the testing to reduce the number of cases. "When you test, you get cases.", he said. Maybe he's on to something. This pandemic could be over tomorrow if we just stopped all testing. *smack*

Reply to
Jim Joyce

That's hilarious, but I'm just a bit skeptical. Teenagers stepped away from Twitter and FB long enough to do that? Most of the teens that I know wouldn't have bothered, but I like the story and hope it's accurate.

True, but I still think Trump arrived at the million figure because it sounded good. It never needed to have any basis in reality, but it sure set unreal expectations. He shoots himself in the foot on a regular basis.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Trump might want to revisit the time when he paid people to show up, like when he initially came down the escalator. Money might help folks show up.

I enjoyed the video this morning of the Trump crew tearing down the overflow stage when they realized that there wasn't going to be an overflow crowd. Oops.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

What I read, in advance, didn't mention teen-agers, just people having fun. Or, the author of the article thought, there were reserved seats and they'd take up all the seats. According to the author, they were outsmarted by the Reps giving the seats first come first served, but I don't think there were any reserved seats in the first place. The point of online registration was to get them to release the Reps from liability when they get sick.

BTW, you could get up to 2 tickets and I don't see how any checkbox that one guy checks off can sign away the rights of the other guy who uses the other ticket.

Of course, and of course.

Reply to
micky

Sheesh. I guess he got a standing ovation for drinking a glass of water with one hand.

What an embarrassment.

Reply to
philo