Mowers that 'Pivot' in the middle?

Well, I've finally bought a house with a little yard and I'm shopping for a basic electric lawn mower. However, I've realized none of them seem to have the handle that is mounted in the middle of the mower that 'pivots' any more, i.e. you can't push the mower in one direction, flip the handle over and mow back in the other direction. They all seem to have a the handle mounted at the "back" of the mower so you have to turn the mower around to travel back in the same direction from which you've come.

Is this some new design requirement? Seems annoying to me.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
gglave