Subject Author Posted Replies

Emergency alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on Wednesday
alert to be tested on US cellphones, TV and radio on Wednesday The nationwide test is scheduled for 2.20pm ET and will play on US cellphones and TV and radio stations. The test is organized by Federal...
136
136

stink bug odor neutralization on nose!
Walking out the door, I was greeted by the often fall present sting bug today here in the Northeast USA. When I swatted it away, it emitted its odor and a portion of the aerosol hit around my nose....
4
4

Best non-clog toilet
I do not care about water saving or price. It does not have to look fancy, but I am getting too old to deal with snakes and plungers. So, folks what is the best? A few years ago, I replaced my $60...
30
30

Solar & wind 12% of electricity world wide
"12% of the world's power came from solar and wind in 2022" ‘Entering the clean power era’: Wind and solar generated a record amount of global power in 2022 CNBC - April 12, 2023 --

TP Tear Lines
Charmin is making a change. <> A well-known toilet paper brand has announced a new design in its popular household item. Charmin said the new "smooth tear" toilet paper will be a better experience for...
19
19

Iinput a cellphone number, get back the cellular provider and email address
I had googled and found nothing, but I found better search words: what is cellular provider for this number So the answer to my own qustion is: probably, but I haven't tried it you know the provider,...

How simple is the property tax calculation?
Someone on nextdoor posts "property tax is based on value of the property, not county services. " It couldn't be this simple. Some of the houses around here** have public streets that the county...
22
22

220 kitchen appliance into a 220 american clothes dryer outlet?
Hi, I brought home (to the USA) a speciality european 220V waffle iron. No motors, just resistance wiring. It's plug has 3 round prongs. I figure I can use it via the 220 outlet for my clothes dryer...
52
52

Haunted House for Sale
It's in Massachusetts. $769,000 <> The Turgeon Funeral Home in Millbury, Massachusetts, has hit the market for $769,000 — but beware: The for-sale sign on the lawn says the property is "probably...
1
1

Pull out kitchen faucet has gone stiff
For 20-30 years we have had what I thought was a Delta kitchen faucet which seemed to perform reasonably well It is the one with a button at the top of the pull out part that can switch from the...
10
10

Oven cleaner & Sylvania 30 Watt 120VAC bulb (LED?)
Tried to clean oven that has never been cleaned as far as I can tell. Mostly I cleaned the glass with ammonia & tried to replace the dead bulb. Words on the bulb are 30 Watt Sylvania 130VAC Appliance...
85
85

Re: Are lawn services like Chemlawn worth it?
I have long wondered what type of turf is best and a friend of mine gave me some advice. He advised me to contact TurfStore, they supply high quality turf in convenient lawn rolls which means it...
10
10

Stove height
I'm remodeling my kitchen My gas stove is about an inch and a 1/2 to 2 inches shorter than my counter Will the extending legs go that high and if they don't? How do I get my stove level with my...
12
12

Getting heat pump
Thought we could limp along with oil furnace but fall cleaning showed unit aging with not much life left and to top it off repairman found fill pipe to tank had rusted through and water entered. Also...
23
23

Helpful app for hearing test, whether on not you buy something
This app came with the yoke-style sound amplifier I bought, but it seems to work with a cell phone and earbuds too, and though it's not what an audiologist would do, IMO it's pretty good, and easy,...
6
6