Subject Author Posted Replies

Need diagnotis code
/o)\ \(o/ Barb DeGeest ------------------------------------- I need a diagnotis code for a Carrier Weathermaker SX. Model # 58SX060-cc-1. Input 66000. There should be one on the door of the furnace...
2

Intermittent problem with (furnace) firing burners
Little bungalow in US midwest. Heil gas furnace on it's 2nd season. Standard forced air, std install. Gen'lly works well. Heat cycle begins: 1.) t-stat calls for heat 2.) Inducer fan spins and...
8
8

Fill with What Around Shower Drain Pipe?
I would rather not pour concrete. Is there anything else I can use to fill in the hole around the shower drain pipe shown in the photos at site ? Any other suggestions for remedying this as...
5
5

maytag lat 9416 aae washer
I have a maytag washer and I was told by maytag customer service that the mounting stem seal kit was not covered under the warranty when replacing the transmission. I would have to pay for the stem...
2
2

Need help - no signal from TV antenna in the attic
I have a similar setup. Then I discovered there were two coax wires outside. After connecting these, my high-def power attic antenna works great. A continuity tester might help.
2
2

The Studley Toolchest
An 1800's piano repairman's tool kit. Sometimes, things as mundane as tool kits can look like great works of art. This piano repair box, perfected by Henry Studley, does a great job of fixing...
2
2

Where plywood meets drywall.
Hi, It is recommended that skylights are finished with plywood rather than drywall. I'm imagining that the plywood does not get spackled. But then how does one finish the edge where the plywood...
6
6

Replacing sink drain gasket?
Anyone know of a website showing detailed step by step instructions to guide someone with zero knowledge about this stuff on how to replace the large sink-drain gasket that butts up against the bottom...
8
8

Cpvc Fitting Question
Is there such a thing as a cross or x cpvc fitting for 1/2" cpvc pipe? I tried Lowes, Home Depot, Google & Ebay & can't find any. Any assistance would be appreciated.
2
2

California electric rates are getting ridiculous
BFD, that is meaningless to all of us outside of CA. What is the rate per kW hour? I'm paying 18ยข.
172
172

Change Your HVAC Filters 2 Days Ago?
...and other monthly checks.
1
1

Ceiling electrical box depth
Hi, I'm installing an electrical box in an open ceiling. Should the depth be such the the electrical box is flush with the finished drywall? Many thanks in advance, Aaron
2
2

belmont barber chair repair
Anyone know how to fill the hydraulic fluid on a 40 yr old Belmont barber chair? ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Construction...
2
2

ticking vent
Some of you may remember the saga of my stove that the home warranty company bought. The stove is in and works fine now. But there is something else that has become quite annoying related to it. This...
2
2

Grounding a satellite dish
Direct TV is coming out next Thursday to install a dish. I told them they could ground it properly or I would not subscribe. Here is an image I am going to send them tonight so the truck guy will know...
21
21