whistling water

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a saavy group. Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question.

My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the bathroom and it looks and works great, but whenever we turn on either water tap it whistles. Anybody know what went wrong and/or how to quiet it down.

kukla

Reply to
winny150

Might be trapped air in the lines or the new fixture. Try removing the aerator and running the faucet (hot and cold) full blast for at least 60 seconds.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

Single or double handle? Could be a defective seal, washer, cartridge or a piece of gunk lodged in there. Could be the aerator. Take it off and try it and look to see if something is in the passages in the aerator.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Its new Gov code, it whistles to annoy you so you dont use it and waste water, Just Kidding.

Reply to
ransley

Make sure the shut-off valves are fully open.

Cheers, Jim

Reply to
Jim2009

As usual ransley. Full of shit and dont know a thing. Go take a shower you smelly pig. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hey Retard, you dont get anything do you, not even a joke. You are the joke now.

Reply to
ransley

and you are just plain lying filthy pond scum. No joke here. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba