Subject Author Posted Replies

How to GLUE metal floor and ceiling tracks to concrete
Is anyone know about using GLUE rather than screws or pins?? This is in connection to building a interior non load bearing wall.
14
14

Need to upgrade kitchen lighting - need more light
The two existing f-light fixtures in my kitchen each use two of the 24-inch bulbs - my 58-year-old baby boomer eyes need more light in the kitchen. There are cool white, soft white and a bunch of...
9
9

Need to drill hole on granite couter top
Hi, To install water filter tap. Any advice/suggestions/recommendations appreciated. TIAQ,
7
7

a can opener that opens from the side?
I'm watching a rerun of Here's Raymond, or whatever it's called, and she buys a new can opener, because it's "better", because it opens from t he side, so there are no sharp edges. I've seen this can...
17
17

Vintage Sears Air Compressor
I need any information available, like user manual, maintenance data, parts list, etc for an old Sears Air Compressor. The model number is CP0075E12A / 1001. Thanks.
2
2

floor leveler in chimney (2023 Update)
I have a weird question.... We have a brick dual ceramic flue chimney (maybe 1 ft x 3 ft) running up the side of our house. In the basement the footing for this chimney is less than two feet below...
1
1

Washing machine balance cutoff too sensitive
My Maytag washer is 11 years old and over the past year or so the out- of-balance cutoff keeps triggering even when there is no severe out-of- balance condition. It never did this over the life of the...
1
1

Weatherize Whole House Fan
We recently purchased a whole house fan, which worked great for the summer. However, on these cold winter night it appears it may be causing the heater to work harder to keep the house warm. Any...
4
4

Wiring a furnace to run off an extension cord.
My gas furnace is hard wired to the main panel. In the event of an extended power outage in winter, I'd like to have the option to run it off my small Honda generator. The only real electrical draw is...
55
55

Electrical contact cleaning
What tools and chemicals do you use to clean electrical contacts? What do you use for buttons on things such as remote controls? (I have a kitchen timer with buttons that have to be pressed several...
11
11

Fabric glues
I do not like to sew and I am not very good at it. I have seen TV commercials for Mighty Mendit and it looked pretty good. Is it nearly as good as Billy Mays claims? Are there other products that are...
10
10

We are giving away a free faucet - No Purchase Necessary
As a holiday gift to our customers and to those on our email newsletter list, we are giving away a choice of a brass 3-hole, 8-inch widespread faucet, a single hole modern stainless steel faucet or...

Spackle over blueboard
Hi, I'm hoping to have plaster-over-blue-board walls, but I may or may not be able to find a plasterer I feel comfortable letting inside my house. So far I met with three (with estimates ranging from...
7
7

Blow or suck to clean dryer vent
Used a leaf blower to blow about six years ago with great success. It can also suck. My wife says it's that time again but I should try sucking this time to avoid a lint mess outside. I'm afraid that...
17
17

Annoying washing machine problem
My 10 tear old washing machine just developed an issue with the little lever that SHOULD be depressed by the little pointer on the lid to allow it to wash/spin. Before, when you closed the kid, you...
8
8