Subject Author Posted Replies

Dehumidifier compressor thermal cut-out?
Some advice please. Smallish floor mounted dehumidifier on casters, about size of a small filing cabinet. The colour and style of the overall unit suggest it was the sort of thing sold by say Sears...
8
8

Dissolving shower necks
Had a leaky shower, found it was the shower neck leaking right where it went into the elbow. As I unscrewed it, it snapped easily at the threads. Now, this is the SECOND time in about 8 years this has...
6
6

The Amish are back.......
Forsale Lander
15
15

painting grooves in T-111
I'm starting to stain my house. It has T-111-like siding (mine is 4" OC grooves). Before I got outside I'm staining new panels that will replace some old ones. The only thing I could figure...
7
7

Why do some Honda engines oscillate at idle?
I thought it was just my HRX217 lawnmower that oscillates wildly during idle. But then I rented a Wacker trash pump with a honda engine, and it would also oscillate when in the full throttle position...
13
13

Volts and AC's and DC's and Gar. Door Opener
Exhibit A: Ancient Stanley garage door opener from the 1980's, runs -only- on 120v AC. Exhibit B: Skylink universal gar. door remote kit. Receiver is designed to wire into push-button circuit,...
14
14

briggs and stratton yardman self propelled lawn mower carb problem
We have the briggs and stratton yardman self propelled lawn mower that had sat for two years. Went to start it up after adding oil and fresh gas and the gas just leaked out from primer button and...
1
1

Ceiling fan placement
My master bedroom is approximately 16' x15'. Two walls have windows, one has two doors, and the last one door. The placement of doors and baseboard heat limits the placement of the bed to one...
12
12

Reason For Dead Phones?
Worsening static and now completely dead. The phones test OK on the network interface device box attached to the exterior siding of the house, which suggests that the problem is inside the house. We...
26
26

Remote wall switch for LED lights
I want to add a remote function for a lamp, but all the products that I have seen (X-10, etc) specifically say for incandescent lights only. I know they say this because flourescent bulbs won't...
16
16

nylon or polyproylene
Quick question. Which is stronger,nylon or polypropylene rope?
13
13

Best way to repair badly designed gate
We have a couple of wooden gates. The latches keep bnreakiong because the gates were badly designed so that all of the force of closing is borne by the latch. I would appreciate suggetsions for how to...
24
24

power in circuit, bulb doesn't light
I have a ridiculous problem with a circuit in my house. A simple circuit tester, when hooked to the black and white wires going to a switch shows that I have 120V (based on an LED on the tester, not...
5
5

No More TV Reception
The converter box had been working OK for the past year but starting today, conversion day, most of the channels 2-13 do not come in. The higher numbered channels are working.
17
17

Cellular to Wired Home Phone
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent...
20
20