Subject Author Posted Replies

Light duty load lift?
Due to back injury, I cannot lift items more than 50 lbs. So I'm looking for a general purpose device to move heavy items around. E.g. load a lawn mower into the trunk of a station wagon move a 27...
1
1

TV antenna shorted out
Do rooftop TV antennas short out? I think mine did. Until yesterday it worked just fine. Now I can not get any programs. The TV lights up but all I get is snow. No picture, no sound. I checked the...
8
8

Uncuttable phone wires?
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc....
55
55

Wasp nest removal difficulty
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation are going after radioactive wasp nests." you thought you had troubles...
8
8

THE END IS HERE
Much to their surprise, they will find out that at least 2 million households in the USA don't give a damn about television. I lived without one when I was in college. When I went back to school...
35
35

Pool + Spa - 1 pump or 2
I'm putting in a pool and spa and am debating if I need a separate pump for the spa. One builder tells me I need 2 pumps, but concedes it is mostly for convienance. The main pool pump can run to...
5
5

drain fly problem
Over the last couple of years, I have had drain flies I can't get rid of. Last year, I discovered a leak under the sink that had evidently been active for quite some time, but once fixed over time...
6
6

nospouseinthehouse
No Spouse in the House is specialized in small/minor property repair work that is categorized as being "too small a job for General Contractor, Plumber, Electrician, or Painter". I am often involved...
1
1

DTV
How many people will flip the switch tomorrow morning and wonder why the TV does not work? Nobody told me! Next week will probably be a sales boon for the TV stores too.
21
21

Electrical Ballast
The fluorescent tubes in the laundry room fail to illuminate properly and the diagnoses here is defective ballast. I always thought that the "ballast" is part of the tube / bulb but apparently...
4
4

power washers
we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out...
3
3

Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?
How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by side to make one big bed? How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the twins? Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king frame to...
9
9

HF Sale this weekend
Harbor Freight is having another of its "because the sun comes up" events. This time they're calling it a "Parking Lot Sale." An interesting item is a 10" table saw for $69.99. Tilts 0-60° in...
12
12

Another question about light bulb socket on garage door opener
I have a Craftsman 1/2-hp garage door opener that is maybe 12 years old. Over the years I've had trouble with the light bulb not turning on because of the vibration, which was fixed by rescrewing...
3
3

Fluorescent Tubes
Been 20 years since the tubes in the laundry room were replaced, and these new tubes flicker for about 30 seconds before becoming bright. Is this just a slow warm-up process due to their supposed...
8
8