Can I use Air Exchanger installation pipes for Air Condition?

Hi all,

My new house has an Air Exchanger installation which is using during the cold season. I do not have yet an Air Condition. But I did put a window Air Condition on my basement and blow the cold air trough the Air Exchanger pipes. Since air exchanger is used only during the cold season, I did modify the air exchanger in order to take the cold air from air condition and blow it in the upstairs rooms with the internal fan. This seams to work fine, as long as I can adjust the cold air flow on each room. My question is if I can continue to use that setup with A/C during the summer and then put pack the A/E pipes connectors for the cold season. I notice some condensation on the pipes where the cold air is pushed. Is that an issue? The A/E pipes are the from made from plastic and aluminium insertion, like the model for dryers.

Thanks for the reply, Chris.

Reply to
Chris