Subject Author Posted Replies

How much can a wooden door swell?
How much can a wooden door swell? Do I have to wait until it shrinks again? It's never been anywhere near this bad before in the last 15 or more years. A friend has a wood front door, a panel door...
9
9

Shed project question
have a dumb question about my shed project......I'm constructing a 12x16 shed. have poured concrete slab and put down one row of concrete blocks, I will pick up lumber tomorrow. planning to use...
2
2

testing water heater
Hmm, our water heater seems to have become unwell in the last couple of days - taking a long time to reheat, and whilst the hot water it eventually produces is still hot (not just warm) it runs out...
5
5

Washer/Dryer combo problems
I have a MLCE52RCS1 washer dryer combo and I'm looking for a service manual. I've got a broke tub support and drum and would like to replace it. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a...
3
3

Please find these plumbing parts...
I've searched a few plumbing sites, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Maybe you guys that know the plumbing sites better than me can help out. I'm looking for either a 3 1/2" to 1...
4
4

gas engine clogging up
I have a TroyBilt powerwasher with the Briggs & Stratton engine I bought at Lowe's a couple of months ago. It has oil, but seems to run while emitting a white cloudy smoke. If I don't have it...
10
10

470 feet of extension cord
Students Try to Steal Giant Pepper From Chili's Rooftop Four people were arrested on Sunday after attempting to steal a giant chili pepper from atop a Chili's Grill and Bar in Vermont....
2
2

saw on a rope
I've seen flexible "wire" saws that can bend a good bit. These wire saws have a grit coating. I need to cut down a tree and was wondering if anyone has ever used something like this on a rope. You...
25
25

CFL's in humid environments
I don't know if this typical for CFL's or for one particular brand. I replaced 3 incandescent bulbs with 3 CFL's and they all burned up within 6 months. The bathroom is small and it has no...
9
9

Garbage Disposal Problem
Machine is 8 years old and has worked well for all this time. Today it stopped working. When I turn the electricity on it hums and does not rotate. It is not jammed. I can rotate the shaft by hand....
8
8

Lowe's Lousy Inventory
I went to Lowe's today to pick up an assortment of materials; a 1 micron water filter, a toilet handle, a tube of butyl calk, a gallon of Snow Roof, a 3" self-closing RV trailer dump fitting, and...
71
71

Larson Storm Door PRoblems
MY 6-year-old Larson storm dooor latch mechanism died today. I went out to get the newspaper and the storm door wouldn't open when I tried to get back in the house. I had to ring the doorbell to...
14
14

Pruning cuts and healing
I had to take a slightly larger limb than I prefer to cut off a tree in my yard today. A six inch limb at a major fork. If it was not at a fork I would not be concerned. The tree is fairly young,...
5
5

Skunks breeding next door
The house next to mine is abandoned and skunks are living under the rotten deck, or perhaps even inside the house. I don't care about that, but now my back deck smells of skunk when the wind blows...
24
24

Tent Caterpillers?
Lovely. The neighbors tree is badly infested. We use an umbrella to walk in my back yard just now. Any ideas?
17
17