Cutting melamine panel

I have a melamine-on-tempered-hardboard panel which is stuck to drywall with an adhesive.

A section of the panel has been torn off.

How do I cut the ragged, uneven edge of the section that is still on the wall so I can install a new section without a noticeable gap? (I don't have a circular-saw or a jigsaw)

Reply to
newbie

I have a melamine-on-tempered-hardboard panel which is stuck to drywall with an adhesive.

A section of the panel has been torn off.

How do I cut the ragged, uneven edge of the section that is still on the wall so I can install a new section without a noticeable gap? (I don't have a circular-saw or a jigsaw)

Reply to
newbie

Probably you don't.

W/o an appropriate tool all you can do is worry at it w/ something not appropriate.

Not telling us what tool(s if any) you _do_ have, what do you expect?

I'd suggest you'll either need to take the rest of the panel down and replace the whole thing or straighten the edge enough (how will obviously depend on that unknown of not knowing what you got) that you can then use some t-molding or similar over the joint.

Hardboard can be scored w/ enough effort w/ a knife and straightedge but it'll be a trick to make sure you don't let the knife wander...

--

Reply to
dpb

newbie wrote in news:0cbfa986-27a3-4cf1-a939- snipped-for-privacy@g1g2000pra.googlegroups.com:

Pick up a cheap one or borrow one. It's time.

Reply to
Red Green

1-800-HANDYMAN...
Reply to
3rd & Long

You already asked this question yesterday using a different name:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken