Subject Author Posted Replies

A bit OT: Best casters to use on night table
Hi all, I'm going to be buying a new nightstand that I plan on fitting with casters (I use a wheelchair for mobility and need to be able to move the table out of the way easily, the floor is...
5
5

OT - Bank of America
Aparently, B of A is changing personality. Just got a letter, that my promotional rate was going up as high possibly as 27%. And that I needed to call the number, and tell them to reject the rate...
89
89

? Repair old cast iron radiator ?
Hi, I have an old cast iron radiator that is leaking between the sections. The joints are cone shaped, male and female, but the sealing takes place at the base of the cone which has a flat area about...
7
7

Franke Little butler Insta hot parts?
I am looking for a source to buy replacement parts for a Franke Little Butler HT-200 insta hot faucet. One of the plastic fittings broke inside the tank. Any help would be appreciated.
1
1

Potentially failing pressure regulator?
I replaced the pressure regulator on my home a little over seven years ago, and installed an expansion tank as well. All has been well since then. About three weeks ago, I noticed that I was getting a...
5
5

Lithium Ion Drill Recommendation
My 12V Dewalt drill is no longer functioning due to the the two Nicad batteries no longer lasting more than 2 minutes after fully charged. I bought some instructions off Ebay on some magical RVD...
25
25

efficiency of +20 year old Weil-Mclain oil boiler P366(HE)?
The boiler with Beckett AF burner was here when I moved in. I assume the HE stands for high efficiency, but what was that 20 years ago? I could keep this boiler going for a long time, but wanted to...
6
6

Hydrostatic transmissions
Just took delivery of my first ever lawn tractor with a hydrostatic transmission. Not being a Lexus I don't expect silence, that said when engaging forward or reverse it's not exactly quiet...
20
20

They're GONE !
There was a notice on the door of my neighborhood Home Depot about a week ago warning the Parking Lot Pedros to vamoose or dreadful things would happen. Went by there today and I could actually GET...
25
25

Maytag washer water pump squealing
Water pump is squealing. It works -- no leaks yet. New pump is $60 Should I leave it alone? Can a bearing be replaced? I tore into it a bit, but stopped at the torx screw in the middle of the pump...
1
1

Need Refrigerator Advice
The wife wants to buy a new refrigerator, specifically one with french doors and a bottom freezer in textured black. There are lots of these but so far I have only found the textured black in an Amana...
20
20

Nutone Im-3303 Intercom - How do I use multiple door speakers
Anyone know how to connect more than one door speaker to an IM-3303 Intercom? The doc says it supports three, but there are is only a single connection for door speakers.
2
2

Ceiling fan question
We currently have only a light (no fan) hanging from the second story ceiling over the center landing of the stairs between the two floors and want to add a ceiling fan. The light is controlled by...
15
15

Tips on Unscrewing Kitchen Sink Waste Pipe?
I'm an amateur and not even an amateur plumber, just a dilettante of all trades. I usually forget to consider a propane torch, but I too think it might be a big help. I think it might not just soften...
5
5

Shed roof question
Shed project question....building gable roof for 12 x 16 shed. have most of the rafters up today, and was planning to put 1/2 inch osb sheathing tomorrow... I ordered metal roof parts tonight (most of...
5
5