Subject Author Posted Replies

Steam radiator problem
One of my steam radiators started giving me some problems with water spitting out the vent. I changed the vent, and the radiator is pitched correctly. Still it spat out water. So I made sure the...
14
14

Filler for wooden stairs?
Hi, While moving a large TV down the stairs in the front hall we managed to drop the tv (broke it), putting large dents in the edge of a stairs and gouges in the surface of a few. These are wooden...
1
1

HF Heat Gun Coupon 60% off
Many places with freeze issues lately of course. Coupon good for 60% off through 2/10, 19.99 ==> 7.99 if they will take a printed coupon. States must have original coupon but others have said some...
2
2

Fireplace glass doors
Anyone know of a reliable source for fireplace glass doors ... masonry fireplace?
1
1

Terminating a HandRail
I want to replace the hand rail that runs down our basement stairs. The current one is just a 1.5" round stock and terminated back to the wall with 45 degree miter cuts. Looks like the builder just...
6
6

Hydronic System Heat Exchangers
I'm new here but wish I had found this site long ago. I have designed and built an in floor hydronic heating system for a new home I'm building in Ontario cottage country. Because we are located where...
5
5

Online NEC
Is there a web site that has the National Electrical Code in a learning-type environment? I'd like to learn more about code, but I don't have the time or need to attend classes at the local community...
15
15

How many dedicated circuits do I need?
I'm going to be rewiring my entire 2 story 4 br house so how many circuits do I need. From what I understand I need a dedicated circuit for each of these: 1 dishwasher 1 microwave/hood 1 refrigerator...
29
29

Hanging frameless kitchen wall cabinets
What if i have a 12" wide cabinet in the run & there is no stud behind it ?
26
26

Filler for a wood floor?
I had to replace 3 or 4 strips in a wood floor in a walk-up 3rd floor attic that is currently made of unfinished 1x3 tongue and groove pine. I bought 1x3 tongue and groove pine from a regular lumber...
6
6

Who sleeps under an electric blanket?
Are EMFs Hazardous to Our Health? the source of a high magnetic field is incorrect wiring. If you suspect that your home is wired improperly, obtain the services of a licensed electrician. cellphones?
19
19

Fluorescent Bulbs Questions
Last couple of days I have been fixing various fluorescent fixtures in my kitchen and garage. I got them all done but struggled with one thing. Removing and installing the tubes (T12). Once I rotated...
7
7

Follow up on garbage disposal(Insinkerator)
Hi, Before Christmas I needed to replace our aging garburator in the kitchen. It was an old Insinkerator ISE 333. I contacted their tech support via MSN chat. I got response from warm body who knows...
1
1

washer frozen
My washer is frozen again. 1st (last week) it was the rubber hose's to the washer and the shut off valve's. Ran a kerosene heater a while, but could not get watter to fill up. Tonight I did get it to...
30
30

good porcelain
My BIL routinely treated his toilet for mineral stains with diluted CLR (phosphoric and oxalic acid). Now it's pitted. A wet pumice stone has long been recommended as a safe way to remove mineral...
1
1