Crown Moulding - Outside Round Corner

For those that may be interested, I recently helped with a crown moulding project in one of my bathrooms. All corners were inside except one, and that one corner happened to be round.

Here is how we handled it. It may not be what a professional would do, but I am happy with the results.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Hi, I used a high quality wall paper strips instead of moulding, LOL!. Much easier, faster and easy to change if we don't like the look.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Looks great! Thanks for going to the trouble to post the picture. You make it worthwhile to read and post to the group.

Reply to
hrhofmann

It looks fine, someone hired for it may not put as much time into the little project or do it as much care as you have. Gals can be notoriously meticulous, I read about one building contractor who only hired women to do his trim and detail work. "IF" you ever finish your home improvements, it should be gorgeous. I'm sure you will keep finding things to tinker with.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have never heard of that product. Are you talking about wallpaper border?

Reply to
Kate

It is never ending for me. I love decorating, and it keeps me busy.

Reply to
Kate

I think I described it wrong. It comes in rolls with many different color, design, size choices. We used it at our cabin.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

My wife used to build luxury homes (well over 100 in 2004-2006) and she says that looks fine, pretty much what she would expect from your average trim carpenter.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, I believe you are talking about wallpaper border. I have that in my den, but if I had put that in my bathroom, the steam from the shower would have ruined it in no time.

Maybe I am wrong, and you used something different.

Reply to
Kate

Perfect. I stacked three layers of crown- (8, 6 & 4 inch) going around a corner.

I have the bull nosed corner bead, at the outside.

You made this a nice job, I like it.

Reply to
Oren

Thanks for the compliment. I would love to see a pic of your corner.

Reply to
Kate
2 phrases I remebered when doing Crown Moulding:

"Upside Down and backwards" Never new what that meant until I actually started installing Crown Moulding.

"Caulk and walk" White caulk touching up on white molding makes the job easier.

Reply to
Mikepier

I'd be happy too. Good job and thanks for posting the results!

Reply to
Tony

Put the tiniest smidgen of caulk along the edge and it won't have condensation seeping under it. I tried that when I had to repaper our master bath....the edge of the paper is on a corner that meets the tile of the shower. The corner bead and a little bit of the bottom of the wall had been damaged by previous owner - had to grind out rusty corner bead, prime the bead, patch the wall. About 5 years and looks fine. Both baths have paper with caulk to seal the bottom edges...can't see it because they border on a tile "baseboard" and edge meets grout.

Reply to
norminn

Kate wrote in news:hn78uj$cvh$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

You're hired!

Reply to
Red Green

Yes, I used white caulk and it was a snap.

Reply to
Kate

My wife has a sign. We do our best ad caulk the rest.

Reply to
gfretwell

The white caulk was a lifesaver.

Reply to
Kate

Your wife should hire a proofreader. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The sign is OK I am the one who needs a proofreader. It's good We have you. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell