Subject Author Posted Replies

Need a little plumbing advice please.
I just installed a new 'shutoff' valve on my house water supply line. I'm using 3/4" PVC pipe, so I got a threaded, PVC adapter with a male thread that screws into the shutoff valve and the PVC pipe...
8
8

Magic Jack........again
A friend of mine said his dad just got Magic Jack. Guess what? He is having the same problem with echo and unreliable calls as everyone else has. It would be nice if the thing worked. I could give up...
33
33

New Harbor Freight multifunction tool
Those of you who said you needed a variable speed multi tool now won't have to go to the big $$ brands for what you need. The variable speed HF tool is on sale for $59.99, #67537. The speed range is...
6
6

Best way to apply Loctite 290
I have several pairs of rimless reading glasses similar to these: are 4 tiny bolts that hold the metal parts to the plastic lenses. Invariably, one of the nuts works loose. I have been using...
10
10

Replace wall heater cover
At this URL: have posted a picture of the cruddy, rusted cover of my ancient gas wall heater. The other side opens into the hall past the open door. . Have HATED the looks of it for years, but It...
13
13

For passive activity rental - what kinds of auto logs are needed? (records/expenses)
For passive activity rentals (schedule E), what kind of automobile logs are normal? RECORDS: - Do you normally log just the number of miles, or the start and stop odometer reading? - Do you normally...
11
11

Harbor Freight review site
Saw this on another newsgroup, thought it good enough to bookmark: reviews of their stuff. Check it out. Harbor Freight Reviews - read and write reviews on Harbor Freight tools, supplies and...
13
13

Recommend anti-mildew paint pls?
Hi I have a sloping ceiling in a bathroom and water splashes on it from the shower causing the paint to peel. I was considering tiling the area of the ceiling but that is a big job for me, a friend...
9
9

The 2010 Census has begun
"NOORVIK, Alaska (AP) - One down, more than 309 million to go. U.S. Census Bureau Director Robert Groves on Monday began the 2010 count of the nation's residents in a village in Alaska's arctic...
5
5

How much a clothes dryer cost to use?
it just my browser or has Google hijacked the web page? The Google ad covers the chart that shows the information and I see no way to close it. Clothes Dryer energy use & cost * Gas vs. Electric...
28
28

Best place to get CPAP machine as local supplier is too expensive
My supplier (Brannons) charges a 1000 bucks for a basic CPAP machine and 500 for an additional mask and 120 for the hose. Do you have a better supplier (SF bay area) for CPAP than Brannons? PS I can't...
16
16

Screw it
Near a construction site, I found a few 3" pan head self-tapping sheet metal screws--- but they were all bright red in color. What's that all about?
9
9

Heavy wood door & jamb swells in rain causing groove on far corner
In all this rain, my heavy wood door or wood door jamb is swelling so much it is causing the door to stick and groove at the far end from the hinges. Should I sand it down (but then when it shrinks it...
4
4

hvac air duct ?s
I'm adding a garage with living space above and will be putting a 1 1/2 ton heat pump in it. I'm trying to plan the duct work now. The takeoffs, register outlets, flex, and misc I realize I can get at...
1
1

Trane hvac question
I've had some problems with one of my trane heat pumps. I pulled the high side line off the coil to check and make sure the orifice was ok and not sticking when in heat mode. There was not any sort of...
9
9